91. The Fall of Blaise Zabini

"Dray," Dioleh said breathlessly, breathing heavily as his lips explored her neck. "We should stop."

"You're probably right," he replied, cupping her cheek and pulling away. "Do you want me to?"

"No," she admitted, moving her hand to the back of his neck. Pulling him back down to her lips, she ignored the knowledge that Imani was probably looking for her and Andre would be worried if they were gone too long. Instead she focused on the lips that were capturing her own in a fierce kiss.

"Well, well, well," a smug voice drawled. Draco and Dioleh pulled apart, looking over in shock. Theodore Nott approached, flanked by Crabbe and Goyle. A shiver passed through Dioleh as she reached down to pull Draco's jacket around her shoulders again. Glancing back at her, Draco used the opportunity to keep her behind him.

Rolling his eyes and focusing back on Theodore, Draco asked, "What do you want, Nott?"

"We have a mutual friend," Theodore said smugly. "He asked me to check in." Dioleh couldn't tell if the sudden chill came from the furious burst of the wind or from the name Nott refused to drop. "But, if you're too busy, I can be sure to explain to him what exactly you're choosing to occupy your time with instead." Draco's jaw clenched. Smirking, Nott corrected, "Or who."

"Or you can just tell him that I'm working on it," he snapped back.

"Well, unless your bitch here is hiding scales and fins, I can't say that you are," Theodore retorted. Dioleh reddened. "The Dark Lord doesn't take too kindly to tardiness. Maybe you need some motivation to get your priorities straight." His arrogant smirk falling, Theodore ordered, "Grab her." The moment Crabbe and Goyle stepped forward, Draco pushed her fully behind him and out of sight as he reached for his wand.

"You're not taking her anywhere," he retorted, masking his doubt with anger.

"Actually, I think I am," Nott snarled, taking a step forward. Crabbe and Goyle were inching closer and closer. With the wall behind them, they were surrounded.

"Actually, I think you're not going to," Dioleh said finally, stepping in front of Draco and facing Theodore. Draco reached for her, trying to pull her back again, but she avoided his hold. "You see, if you take me, you risk stirring up resistance from my friends and who was it again?" Tapping her index finger on her chin in feigned thought, Dioleh finished, "Oh, right." She wore a dazzling smile. "Dumbledore himself." Theodore's jaw clenched. "And I really doubt your boss wants even more attention from him, so I suggest you back off and go back to whatever little hole you make the mistake of crawling out of." Before she had a moment to think, Dioleh found herself sprawled out in the snow, her cheek stinging. There was an angry yell and Dioleh looked up to see Theodore reel back from the force of Draco's hit.

Crabbe and Goyle jumped in and soon it was an all-out brawl. "Draco!" Dioleh screamed, scrambling to her feet and rushing into the fight. All three of the other Slytherin boys were on him, shoving and punching until blood was running freely from Draco's nose and mouth. People rushed out of the house, hearing the yells and screams. Blaise shoved to the front of the crowd, instantly spotting his friends in the middle. Imani and Andre rushed out just in time to see Blaise join the fight. With a small sigh, Andre flexed his fingers, clasped them in fists, and joined in as well just as Dioleh was shoved from the circle. Imani rushed toward her, wrapping her arms securely around her to keep her from running in again.

Finally, Blaise grabbed onto Theodore, pulled him from Draco, and shoved him to the ground, shouting, "Get out of here, Nott! Last time I checked you weren't on the invite list." Theodore didn't try to get up, but he propped himself up on his elbows, letting out a laugh. Blood oozed over and between his teeth, giving him a maniacal look. Turning onto his side, he spat out blood and got painfully to his feet.

"Come on, boys, let's go," he said, still breathing heavily as his eerie laughter echoed through the snowed gardens. Crabbe and Goyle detached themselves from Andre and Draco and followed after Nott as he spit more blood into the snow. The moment they were gone, Dioleh rushed forward. Andre was just helping Draco up when she ran toward them.

"Thanks," he said breathlessly, wiping at his bloodied nose. Andre nodded, wiping cooled sweat from his forehead. Most of the crowd had left by the time Blaise decided to kick everyone out. He was just joining the others in the living room when Dioleh returned with two damp cloths for Draco and Andre. Blaise had somehow gotten out of it without a scratch. Dioleh tossed the towels at them. Draco caught his gracefully while Andre's slipped through his fingers and landed directly on his face. Despite the situation, Dioleh couldn't help but smile as she sat down by Draco.

Throwing Dioleh a glare, Andre began to wip away the blood on his face and knuckles as Blaise stepped forward, asking, "What happened?" Draco was silent a moment before lowering the cloth from his face with a sigh. Hermione, the only of the trio allowed to attend, appeared next with a glass of water.

Lowering his cloth with a sigh, Draco admitted, "Voldemort sent him."

"Why?" Imani asked tensely. Draco glanced over at Dioleh, a question itched into his scarred brow. She shook her head.

"He paid my family and I a visit over the summer," Draco admitted after realizing what Dioleh's silent communication meant. "He asked me to find a siren at Hogwarts. Obviously I haven't told him anything, but he's growing impatient."

"I meant how did the fight start?" Blaise snapped.

"I was my fault," Dioleh said finally, running a hand through her hair. It was damp with melted snow.

"He called you a bitch, Dioleh, I think you're entitled to tell him he crawled out of a hole," Draco retorted, laying back on the couch.

"No, he called me your bitch," Dioleh replied bitterly. Draco's expression contorted uncomfortably.

"I don't like that," he said.

"Regardless, it started because I told him he made the mistake of crawling out of a hole," Dioleh said. "And he was wanting to take me away until Dray...caught me? I guess?" Blaise snorted, taking a seat by Hermione.

"Honestly I had kind of forgotten he was looking for you," Draco admitted. "I need to come up with something."

"Well, the only reason he thinks I'm at Hogwarts is because of Julio," Dioleh said, brow furrowed. "So you could argue the case that it's someone not there any more."

"He wouldn't fall for that," Draco replied dismissively.

"Say it's someone on staff?" Imani suggested weakly.

"Sure, just say it's Dumbledore," Andre said sarcastically.

"Wait, that could work," Hermione said, sitting up. "Think about it. He's lived much longer than most people would. You could use that as false evidence. And you wouldn't be putting him in danger because Voldemort wouldn't try to go after him."

"A siren's power does grow with age," Imani said reasonably.

"It's better than no plan, I suppose," Draco said. "If he asks for information again I'll tell him that."

"What?" Dioleh said, struggling to contain her amusement. "Are you crazy?" A warm smile suddenly split over Draco's face as he shrugged, interlacing their fingers. "Oh, give me that," Dioleh said irritably, snatching the damp towel from Draco as he miserably smeared blood all across his face. Scooting closer to him, she began to carefully dab away the blood from his cut and bruised face. Cupping his cheek, Dioleh turned his head to get better access to the cut above his cheekbone. Frowning, Imani glanced over at Andre whose brows were furrowed.