79. Claustrophobia

TW: Mentions of attempted sexual abuse. Bold before and after if you want to skip it. No story is worth your mental health.

Dioleh rushed from the office as fast as she could. Heading once again for the dungeons, she found Snape's office door open. He was working, a potion brewing in front of him. Not looking up, he said, "Ms Granger."

"Professor," she replied. Stepping inside, she asked, "Is there any way you can give me something I have to do every night at least for this week at five o'clock?" He looked up, his face expressionless.

"Why?"

"Because Umbridge is making Draco and I 'supervise' her detentions and I don't have the stomach for torture," Dioleh said.

"And you think Draco does?"

"If he wants to get out, he can," Dioleh countered.

"I suppose," Snape said. There was a long pause. Finally, he agreed, "I can get you out of tomorrow, nothing more."

"Well, thank you," Dioleh replied.

⥖✦✧⦽✧✦⥗

TW: Detailed above.

Draco, after learning from Dioleh that she would be helping Snape, went reluctantly to Umbridge's office at five o'clock. Harry had just arrived as well, looking even less pleased than Draco was, not that there was any misunderstanding of why. Once inside, the same torturous hours of the previous night began. The discomfort in Draco's chest only worsened as he found Umbridge's eyes on him multiple times during the hours. Finally, Harry was allowed to leave and Draco moved to go after him.

"Wait a moment, Draco," Umbridge said. His back turned to her, he let out an inaudible sigh before turning to face her. She stepped forward, flicking her wand and closing the door with a resounding snap. She took a step toward him and he, out of instinct, took a step back. Her smile. That stupid smile. It made his skin crawl. The discomfort that had once resided in his chest encompassed everything. She took another step. His back hit the wall. Nausea overwhelmed him, causing his pale complexion to green slightly. "Your father is very interested in my work here being successful," Umbridge remarked. Draco couldn't speak. "He thinks I shouldn't be denied anything at this school."

He couldn't move. He couldn't breathe. He couldn't think. Her sick smile widening, she raised her hand towards him. Faster than he had ever thought possible, Draco grabbed the door handle and shoved it open. In a full sprint, he ran from the room, not even daring to glance back.

TW Over

He was such a swirl of emotions, he didn't notice as he crashed right into Dioleh. Catching sight of his expression, she frowned, her brows furrowed. "Dray, are you all right?"

"N-No," he said, but he was so distracted by her hands on his arms, there to steady both of them from their near-fall, that he wasn't even sure what she had asked. His heart was hammering in his chest and he had no idea why. His breath was caught in his chest, frozen in place.

"Dray-" she began with concern, but his panic swelled and he quickly backed up, shoving away from her touch, and disappeared down the hallway. Glancing from where he had come from, she spotted the slightly disappointed and irritated expression on Umbridge's face. For some reason she couldn't explain, it made her feel sick.

⥖✦✧⦽✧✦⥗

Draco got to the common room in record time, glancing over his shoulder with wide eyes every few moments as he fidgeted with his hands anxiously. When he finally got inside, he found it empty aside from Blaise who was working on an essay. "Hey," he said before looking up and catching sight of Draco's face. Frowning, Blaise asked, "Are you okay?"

"I- What?" he asked, running a hand through his hair distractedly.

"You good, mate?" Blaise asked again, getting to his feet and approaching him. Draco took a small step back. He swallowed. Was he all right? Nothing had happened, right? Why did he feel this way? She didn't do anything. He had gotten away. What had she been going to do? Draco was so caught up in his thoughts, he hadn't remembered to answer Blaise. At the sound of the common room door opening, he dashed away.

"Dray-" Dioleh began, but he was already gone.

"What happened?" Blaise asked, his brows furrowed.

"I have no idea," she admitted worriedly. "I was heading back from helping Snape and he was sprinting down the hallway. He knocked me down on accident and when I tried to ask him if he was all right, he panicked and ran away."

"Something has to be wrong," Blaise said, frowning.

"We can't know what happened if he won't talk to us," Dioleh countered. Blaise responded with some kind of guttural sound.

"Maybe he'll explain tomorrow when he's calmed down," Blaise suggested.

"Maybe," Dioleh hummed. With a sigh, she set down her bag and began to work on her essay while Blaise did the same, both distracted by their worry.