89. Surprises

"Julio!" Dioleh cried excitedly as she rushed into the kitchen with Andre, Imani, and Hermione. Getting up from the table, he accepted her embrace.

"Hey," he replied. Dark circles ran under his eyes and he seemed weary. "How was your first term of the year?"

With a small shrug, she replied, "It was an adventure." Before anyone else could speak, the door banged shut, starting Sirius' mother screaming, but he ignored it, coming down the stairs to face those in the room.

"What were you three thinking?!" Sirius cried. Dioleh sighed. "Breaking into the Department of Mysteries?!"

"What?" Hermione cried, her eyes wide. "Dioleh!"

"I have had enough!" Dioleh shouted angrily. "Just shut up, Sirius! We did what we did and I don't regret it!"

"Well, maybe you should!" Sirius retorted, slamming his hand on the table. Under his fingers, Dioleh read the headline 'Break-In at the Ministry'. "They know what you did!"

"Enough, Sirius!" Imani snapped. "It was my idea!"

"Not only did you three do something foolish, but you also brought in a Malfoy and Blaise Zabini!" Sirius cried.

"We trust them!" Andre retorted. "Sirius, you need to just calm down."

"Calm down! You three are jeopardizing everything!"

"Enough, ENOUGH!" Dioleh shouted. "We have already been yelled at, scolded, and scorned enough times. You don't need to join the numbers too, Black. We are all well aware of how you all feel about what we did."

"Dioleh's right, Sirius," Julio said wearily. "Lay off." Sirius sighed, clenching his jaw and heading for the stairs. Once he was gone, Dioleh released a breath she hadn't realized she was holding. "Now that that's over, I have something to tell you all," Julio said and for the first time, Dioleh saw some light come into his eye.

"What is it?" Andre asked.

"Well, I got married," he admitted.

"What?" Imani cried excitedly.

"Ebony and I married last month," Julio admitted with a smile, but Dioleh could still see the exhaustion that lined his young face.

"Then why do you look exhausted?" Dioleh asked with a raised eyebrow.

After a small pause, Julio said, "Well, it's easier to show you." Frowning, the three sirens followed him down the stairs to the pool. Dioleh gasped. In the water, Imani saw Ebony floating. Her tail had lengthened and a small bulge was forming on her stomach.

"Oh my gosh," Imani gasped. "You're pregnant."

"Seems so," Ebony replied with a weary smile. Julio took off his shirt and climbed in. Ebony moved into his arms.

"How far along are you?" Dioleh asked, sitting at the edge and allowing her feet to dangle in.

"Two weeks," Ebony explained.

"But that means you'll give birth in three weeks," Imani said excitedly. Ebony nodded.

"If it's a girl, we're going to name her Alurina," Ebony said. The change was instantaneous.

Frowning, Julio asked, "What is it?" Dioleh swallowed, attempting to get control of herself.

"The Ministry has been using Alurina's body to test the potion they've been developing, as well as several other sirens," Andre explained quietly. Julio sighed, looking down into the water.

"But it's okay," Dioleh said with a forced smile. "My mother would have been honoured for her great-niece to bear her name."

"If it's a boy, we want to name him Mateo," Ebony said with a warm smile.

"Well, congratulations," Andre said. "I'm sure you'll both be amazing parents."

"We'll try," Julio said. "This little one is exhausting already." Dioleh smiled.

⥖✦✧⦽✧✦⥗

"What do you think?" Dioleh asked, turning to face Hermione. She had chosen a shorter black dress and left her hair down and curled.

"Beautiful as always," Hermione replied with a smile.

"Thank you," Dioleh replied with a smile. "I'm so glad Blaise invited you and the boys."

Slipping in her earrings, Hermione replied, "Well from what I heard he invited most everyone." Dioleh chuckled, finishing off her eyeliner and beginning with her mascara.

"Hermione, Dioleh, are you both ready?" Imani asked, joining them.

"Almost," Dioleh replied, putting in earrings. After she had slipped on her shoes, the three girls headed downstairs and joined Harry, Ron, and Andre.

"Ready?" Andre asked.

"Yup," Dioleh said, rubbing together her pink lips.

"Then let's go."