109. Trapped

The moment they all went off to do their tasks, Dioleh quickly grabbed onto Draco and pulled him out of earshot of the others as she said, "Dray, I don't think you should go with us to London."

Frowning, he replied, "But Dioleh if you're going to be in danger, I need to be there."

"Dray, if this is a trap and there is a high chance that it is, there are going to be Death Eater's there," Dioleh said. "What do you think Voldemort is going to do if one of his followers comes back to him with a report that you were fighting against them? Or worse, what if your father's there? And besides, there's nine of us even without you. I'm sure Voldemort wouldn't send that many Death Eaters after what he just thinks is Harry and possibly one or two more friends."

"Okay," he sighed. "I'll stay."

"Thank you," Dioleh said, quickly embracing him. "Now, get to your spot." He ran off and Dioleh got into position to watch for Umbridge as Harry and Hermione broke into the office. She had been watching for perhaps ten minutes before she suddenly felt a hand cover her mouth while the other arm wrapped around her waist, pinning her arms in place.

"Well, if it isn't Malfoy's little bitch," Nott hissed. Dioleh let out a desperate cry, kicking desperately at his feet before he quickly drove the hard heel of his dress shoes into the back of her knee. Dioleh collapsed to the ground before he coiled both arms around her waist and picked her up to drag her to Umbridge's office as Crabbe, Goyle, and another Slytherin Dioleh did not know dragged in Ginny, Luna, and Neville, and three Ravenclaw boys dragged Draco, Ron, and Blaise. At the back also came in another seventh year Slytherin Dioleh had only ever seen but not spoken to.

"Get off her," Draco snapped, struggling against the Ravenclaw holding him in place. Nott ignored him as he harshly forced Dioleh inside the office. With an invasive slowness that made Dioleh's skin crawl, Nott reached into her robes and withdrew her wand.

"Got 'em all," one of the Ravenclaw boys said, shoving in Ron.

"Good, good," Umbridge said. "Looks like Hogwarts will soon be a Weasley-free zone, doesn't it?" Nott laughed as Dioleh tried to repress her discomfort as he held onto her tightly. Settling on a large, pink arm-chair, Umbridge resumed, "So, Potter, you stationed lookouts around my office and you sent this buffoon-" she nodded at Ron "-to tell me the poltergeist was wreaking havoc in the Transfiguration Department when I knew perfectly well that he was busy smearing ink on the eyepieces on all the school telescopes, Mr Flich having just informed me so. Clearly it was very important for you to talk to somebody. Was it Albus Dumbledore? Or the half-breed Hagrid?"

"It's none of your business who I'm talking to!" Harry growled.

"Very well," Umbridge said, her expression taut. "Very well, Mr Potter. I offered you the chance to tell me freely. You refused. I have no alternative but to force you. Warrington, go and fetch Professor Snape." The seventh year Slytherin Dioleh hadn't known nodded and disappeared out the door. They waited in silence until he reappeared with Snape behind him.

Scanning over the struggling students with indifference, Snape said, "You wished to see me, Headmistress?"

"Ah, Professor Snape," she said cheerfully. "Yes, I would like another bottle of Veritaserum, as quick as you can, please."

"You took my last bottle to interrogate Potter," Snape replied. "Surely you did not use it all? I told you that three drops would be sufficient."

"You can make more, can't you?" Umbridge snapped, her face flushed.

"Certainly," he replied. "It takes a full moon cycle to mature, so I should have it ready for you in about a month."

"A month!" Umbridge squawked. "But I need it this evening, Snape! I have just found Potter using my fire to communicate with a person or persons unknown."

"Really?" Snape replied, his eyes flickering briefly over to Harry with faint interest. "Well, it doesn't surprise me. Potter has never shown much inclination to follow school rules."

"I wish to interrogate him!" Umbridge shrieked. "I wish for you to provide me with a potion to force him to tell the truth!"

"I have already told you," Snape said smoothly. "I have no further stocks of Veritaserum. Unless you wish to poison Potter, and I assure you I would have the greatest sympathy with you if you did, I cannot help you. The only trouble is that most venoms act too fast to give the victim much time for truth-telling."

"You are on probation!" Umbridge snapped. Snape turned his gaze back to her from Harry, his eyebrows slightly raised. "You are being deliberately unhelpful! I expected better. Lucius Malfoy always spoke most highly of you." Draco shifted uncomfortably. "Now get out of my office!" Snape gave a slightly exaggerated and ironic bow before turning to leave.

On impulse, Harry cried, "He's got Padfoot! He's got Padfoot at the place where it's hidden!" Snape stopped, his hand on the doorhandle.

Before Umbridge could say a word, Snape snapped, "Potter, when I want nonsense shouted at me I shall give you a Babbling Beverage. And Crabbe, loosen your hold a little. If Longbottom sufficates it will mean a lot of tedious paperwork." With a snap, he closed the door behind him.