Butterfly fly away

Not Requested 

Y/n on the side of being actress loves to sing and is amazing she sings sometimes on her YouTube channel and she has been asked to sing for the opening or during a break of an award event. I'll decide on one during the story lol.

Y/n's POV:

I've always wanted to be an actress and ever since I become one I can't imagine myself doing anything else, there's no doubt. But I love to sing. But I could never be a proper singer the stage fright gets to me. Sometimes I don't know how I still don't get panic attacks acting infront a crowd of people. Singing and music was always an escape for me, an escape from the world around me, when it got too much for me I'd just put my headphones on and let my worries slip away for that one moment.

Scarlett and Brie are really the only people who know I love to sing and are alright at it. Well Brie mainly I think Scarlett has just walked past the make up trailer once hearing me sing along with the music getting ready for a scene, I don't even know whether she knew it was me or not. That's when Brie convinced me to make a YouTube channel for my singing and so my fans could hear it. she reassured me that everyone would be ecstatic over it and love my voice and surprisingly she was right, the first hour after uploading my first video of my singing one of my favourite songs from one of my favourite movies, Never Enough from the Greatest Showman. I had many more request from people wanting me to sing their favourite songs or songs that meant a lot to them.

Then it lead me to being on the phone to someone who was organizing the Oscars saying that someone on the team loved watching my YouTube videos and that they would love for me to sing at the Oscars during like the break bit like in between the awards I don't know I was too much in shock I immediately said yes forgetting about my stage fright. They asked me to sing the song that had got the most views which was fine with me because it was also one of my personal favourite.

Now I'm on the side behind the curtains waiting for my name to be called out to sing for a MASSIVE audience way way bigger then I was expecting. Nearly everyone I know is here; the marvel cast, Emily Blunt (YES I KNOW I HAVE AN OBBESSION WITH HER LEAVE ME ALONE I SAW MY CHANCE AND I ADDED HER I JUST LOVE HER 3000!!!) and her husband John Krasinski and Kate Winslet who was the first big actress I worked with.

 Nearly everyone I know is here; the marvel cast, Emily Blunt (YES I KNOW I HAVE AN OBBESSION WITH HER LEAVE ME ALONE I SAW MY CHANCE AND I ADDED HER I JUST LOVE HER 3000!!!) and her husband John Krasinski and Kate Winslet who was the first big ac...

I'm imagining I'm wearing this dress but you can imagine you are wearing whatever you want to. 

I could feel my hands shaking and my knees go weak then I felt a gentle tap on my shoulder I turned around to Scarlett giving me her lovely smile, she then bought me into a hug.

"I'm presenting after this but I wanted to come find you to say good luck and I know you'll do great!" she gave me a kiss on the cheek.

"Thanks Scar!" I smiled.

"Hey don't be nervous you'll be amazing everyone is out there supporting you and I'm here we all believe in you ok?" she could sense my nervousness I SWEAR THIS WOMAN KNOWS ME LIKE THE BACK OF HER HAND.

As if it was on cue Nicole Kidman (who is also adore, why do I love milfs but have no mommy issues I'm just full on gay aren't I but then again you should look at my obsession with John Krasinski, Tom Hiddleston and Adam DeVine! ANYWAY!!!) who had just finished presenting the last award announced my name.

"Now next it's my pleasure to welcome one of my personal favourite young actresses, Y/n Y/l/n performing Butterfly Fly Away!" Nicole smiled turning to me beckoning me to come out whilst everyone was applauded and there were a few whistles *cough* Robert.

"You can do this ok good luck sweetheart" Scarlett smiled sweetly before patting my back motioning for me to move on stage. As I did I gave the audience a smile looing at for everyone when Emily caught my eye and she gave me a little wave, blew me a kiss and mouthed 'you'll do great.' Nicole met me half way and gave me a slight hug and kissed my cheek wishing me good luck as I whispered back a thank you. 

I stood infront of the microphone, next to someone who was sat on a stool with a guitar resting on her knee, as the lights dimmed down. She looked at me and I nodded to her to tell her to start playing as she did a soft spotlight shone on the two of us and on my queue I began to sing.

(Normal Italics is what the girl playing the guitar sings.)

You tuck me in, turn out the light
Kept me safe and sound at night

Little girls depend on things like that

Brushed my teeth and combed my hair
Had to drive me everywhere
You were always there when I looked back

I looked around and everyone was smiling nodding along to the music then I took a quick look at Scarlett across from me and she probably gave me the biggest smile I had ever seen giving me even more confidence.

You had to do it all alone
Make a living, make a home
Must have been as hard as it could be

And when I couldn't sleep at night
Scared things wouldn't turn out right
You would hold my hand and sing to me

Caterpillar in the tree
How you wonder who you'll be
Can't go far but you can always dream
Wish you may and wish you might

Don't you worry, hold on tight
I promise you there will come a day
Butterfly fly away

I looked at Robert who was also giving me the biggest smile then there was also Hiddleston, Brie and Emily. Then I looked at Lizzie and Evans who were sat at the same table next to each other who's mouths were wide open in shock. Then they looked at each other then back to me and when they noticed I had spotted them they gave me a bug thumbs up which made my smile grow even wider. I then looked at Hemsworth and his wife, she gave me a loving smile and then looked at Chris who was filming it on he phone and then also gave me thumbs up.

Butterfly, fly away

Butterfly, fly away
Got your wings, now you can't stay
Take those dreams, and make them all come true
Butterfly, fly away

Butterfly, fly away

You've been waiting for this day
All along, and know just what to do
Butterfly, butterfly, butterfly
Butterfly fly away
Butterfly fly away

I looked at Robert who looked like he was holding in tears.

Butterfly fly away

Then I looked at John and Emily you could just about see John's eyes welling up as Emily turned round and looked at him, noticed then rolled her eyes at his sensitivity and turned her attention back on me.

Butterfly fly away

I then quickly glanced over towards Scarlett who was being handed a handkerchief by Nicole and then wiping her eyes, Nicole sort of gave her a side hug as she was much taller than Scarlett especially with heels on.

Butterfly fly away

As soon as the girl beside me finished playing the guitar everyone clapped, but everyone I knew there was standing up and cheering loudly, now Emily seemed like a hypocrite as now both her AND John were crying. I gave a little bow to the audience and just about as I was walking off to the side of the stage Scarlett came running up to me and gave me a massive hug.

"I knew you were gonna be amazing I'm so proud of you!"

"Thanks Scar"