Rose Houghton (special) - 3

"Hey mini pants" Frank walked towards you.

"What do you want Frank owes me money?" you sighed pulling your knee up to your chin facing away from him.

"I wanted to apologize; you know from my comments about your mum."

"Yeah, yeah your forgiven or whatever." You shooed him off with your hand as he sighed.

"So, I'm forgiven?"

"Mmmm!" you widen your eyes in frustration nodding.

"Ok." He sighed giving up. "Ok well I'm gonna go fix the boat."

He went off to get some tar to fix the bullet holes on the side of the boat. "Look what they did to you. Poor thing. I'm so sorry. Machine guns. Who brings a submarine to the Amazon?! But you still outran them. Every time." You overheard Frank talk to the boat, then praising to it in Spanish or something.

Then your Uncle MacGregor came up from below deck in a whole new outfit. You sighed at the sight in front of you, rolling your eyes at his antics. "I thought I'd keep it casual." He shrugged at you making you roll your eyes again, so did your mum when she came out and saw the sight of her brother. "Well, you've really outdone yourself this time. Do we know the identity of our homicidal maniac in the submarine?" referring to the recent events of encountering a submarine nearly blowing the boat and you up.

"No, I don't know his name. But the youngest so of Kaiser Wilhelm wrote several articles about the Tears of the Moon. And if I had to guess, I would say that that's him."

"Great so we are at war with Germany, and we're being chased by a German with his German men?!" you sighed.

"How does she know about the war? I wouldn't think children would know about what's going on in the world." Frank asked.

"Yeah, well if you haven't noticed already, I'm not like all the other kids. I'm different. I'm unique! I'm the weird kid at school!" you sighed going below deck.

"Sweetheart you're not-" Lily tried to get you to come back but you had already gone down. "Aren't you hot in that?" Lily sighed, asking MacGregor to try and change the subject.

"Not in the slightest." MacGregor obviously lied. "My eyeballs are sweating!" MacGregor lay down on the boat deck, sweating terribly minutes later. It was getting too warm down below deck, so you came back up.

"Are you all right, love?" Lily looked up stroking your arm softly sitting you down next to her. But as you sat down, she heard something that made her rush to the edge. "Oh, my... Oh, my goodness! Rose sweetheart, look!" she squealed at the dolphin like animals whistling. "It's Inia geoffrensis! Oh, how beautiful!"

"You know, here we call them 'encantado'?" Frank points out from the wheel.

"Bewhitched?!"

"Yeah! Shape-shifters spirits. Don't look them directly in the eyes unless you want nightmares for life. You believe in legends, you should believe in curses too!" you and Lily both rolled your eyes.

"Wow look at that like mother like daughter!" Frank chuckled.

"Hey, MacGregor. Had a girlfriend once, she was cross-eyed. Didn't work out. We could never see eye to eye." Frank jokes making MacGregor snort and then him laugh.

"Seriously?!" you and Lily responded at the same time. "Is that your idea of a joke? That is not funny."

"I'm also quite sure she was seeing somebody on the side." Frank finished making you sigh in exasperation.

MacGregor was then assigned by Frank to take the wheel for a while, so you went to keep him company as your mother went to document some of the wildlife on the moving picture camera.

"MacGregor, I think you seem to be taking us off course. We should turn that way." Lily pointed right making MacGregor steer right.

"No, we're good. Stay on course. Lágrimas de Cristal is that way."

"I think you're mistaken." Lily chuckles.

"I'm not mistaken, I'm the skipper. The Lágrimas de Cristal is straight ahead. Stay on course."

"Frank, it says on the map that it's passable. Here we have that cliff and exactly that tributary. We can save two days going this way."

"We cannot go that way. We have to go that way. Lágrimas de Cristal is that way. We go that way, it's rapids. You ever been down the rapids?"

"No, but I presume that you have... Which is why I hired you! So just... turn that way. To the right. Starboard. Whatever you call it."

"I'm not the one who can't swim Pants!" Frank snapped back instantly regretting it as you gave him a glare.

"Oh don't you worry Skippy!" Lily sassed, high-fiving you.

"Lady, it's Skipper!"

"My mistake." Lily gave back a sarcastic smile.