My culture

Requested by KyRomanoff_13

Y/n as a Filipino instead of British and just her showing Scarlett the culture. Scar trying all the food and learning a few words.

SET DURING 'THE AVENGERS' TIME - 2012

"Right Y/n sweetie I have the day, I'm all yours, introduce me to your culture!" Scarlett stormed through the door of your trailer out of breath from running here. 

"Thanks again for doing this Scar it means a lot to me." you smiled.

"Hey this is important to you so it's important to me too!" Scarlett returned the smile as she held your hand tightly. "Right so what's first?"

"Right, okay, so i have some traditional Filipino foods, these are the ones I like some of them aren't very nice. So I just picked the nice ones, in my opinion." You hand her the first plate of food.

"This is adobo, i don't know how to describe it but it has vinegar, soy sauce, and back pepper." Scarlett eats a forkful, her expression unreadable. "So?"

"It's good. I've tasted better but I can imagine having this for a meal."

"Really?"

"Yea." Scarlett smiled sweetly at your excitement.

"Eee I'm so excited no one has ever done this for me before." Scarlett's heart melt as you squealed with happiness but also ached that no one had ever asked you about your origin and culture, something that was important to you, before, she was also slightly upset with herself that she hadn't done this sooner. "Ok so the next dish is called Sinigang, it's delicious and quite sour, but still really good." you explained handing Scarlett the bowl of the dish as she took a spoonful of it.

You trying to read her expression of whether she liked it or not whereas she instantly went to take another spoonful. "Y/n why have you not introduced me to this before it's delicious! What's it called again Singang?"

You chuckled. "Sinigang." you corrected her.

"Sinigang?"

"Sinigang." you confirmed that she was right this time around pronouncing it. 

She tried many other dishes after that but her favourite except from Sinigang was Lechon Paksiw, which was leftover Lechon. Lechon was basically roasted pork, like a whole pig but Lechon Paksiw is all the leftover stuff from that but turned into another dish. Which was also one of your favourites. She liked most of them but that was her favourite. Also Sisig, it's also pork with white onion, chilli, green chilli, and mayo.

"Ughhh well now I just need to find restaurants that serve good Filipino food." Scarlett sighed placing her empty plate, after finishing the last of her Lechon Paksiw. "Those dishes really were delicious Y/n thank you for introducing them to me." Scarlett sighed sweetly, flopping onto the sofa on her back resting her head on your lap, with a full tummy.

"Wait can you teach me some Filipino words?"

"Really?" your face lit up again.

"Yeah!"

"Okay, okay!" You sat up properly, so did Scarlett as you both faced each other on the sofa, sitting cross legged. "Right want do you want to say or what words do you wanna know?"

"Delicious!"

"Delicious in Filipino is 'masarap'"

"Masarap?" you nodded. 

"Okay right there's also this one, repeat after me okay?" Scarlett nodded. "Maganda Ka"

"I feel like you're gonna use this against me and say something rude!" Scarlett widened her eyes. "Can you tell me what it is first?"

"Fine." you rolled your eyes slightly. "It means 'you're beautiful'."

"Well now you've made me look like a complete and utter bitch!" you laughed. "It's not funny i thought you were saying something mean but when you were really complimenting me!" Scarlett whined.

"It's okay, it's okay, Mahal kita." you smiled.

"Annnnddd what does that mean?"

"I love you."

"Nawwwww i-" Scarlett stopped herself before running the phrase you just said through her head, listening to it over and over again quickly so she wouldn't pronounce it wrong. "Mahal kita! Did I say that right." Scarlett bit her bottom lip in anxiousness.

"Yeah you did."

"I did?!"

"You did, I'm proud."

"Ha ha i said it right." you gave her a high five as she couldn't wipe the massive smile on her face. 

PREMIERE FOR 'OFF THE RAILS' (I WATCHED THIS MOVIE RECENTLY THOUGHT I WASN'T GOING TO LIKE IT I FREAKIN LOVED IT!!!!) - 2021

This movie was really important to you, you got to do it with women you have come to love and be the best of friends with. Because this movie was so important to you, and seeing as you didn't have a boyfriend or a girlfriend to take to the premiere, you took the one person who also meant a lot to you. Scarlett.

You walked up to Scarlett after she stood off to the side for a minute letting you and the cast take your group photo as you joined her again linking arms with her taking photos with her.

"Maganda Ka." Scarlett whispered in your ear making your eyes widened, thinking she had forgotten when after all this time, 11 years, she had remembered what you had taught her that day.

"What?" you turn to her tears brimming your eyes.

"I said-"

"No I heard what you said I'm just surprised that you remembered." you sniffled.

"Awww petal, like I said that day what's important to you is important to me." Scarlett delicately and gently wiped a tear from your cheek, trying not to mess your make-up.

"I love you." you mumbled into her neck as she bought you into a tight, warm hug.

"Mahal kita Y/n." Scarlett kissed your cheek before you both released from the hug taking more photos then going into the theatre to watch your new movie.