Singing in the kitchen

"Rose sweetie?" You poked your head round her bedroom door as she was doing her homework, both of you waiting for Scarlett to get home.

"Yep!" She whipped her head up looking and smiling at you making you smile back.

"What's your mumma's favourite meal?"

"Chicken wings."

"Ok that's to complicated to make." You mumbled to yourself. "Anything else?"

"Lasagne? Ummmoh! Also she also says to me that she loves when she used to come over to England a lot with you and have a roast every Sunday!"

"Oh you're brilliant Rose! Thank go it's Sunday or we will be in a much more difficult position."

"Why?"

"You can only have a roast on a Sunday."

"Is it the law?!"

"Yes!" You walked off until turning on your heel when you heard Rose call you back.

"What are you doing?"

"I'm making a roast dinner now thanks to you! You wanna help?"

"Yeah!! Ohhh can I make the Yorkshire Puddings?!"

"Of course you can as long as you let me make the mash."

"Mmmmm.... fine!" Rose hoisted herself up on the kitchen counter as you passed her the ingredients for the Yorkshire Pudding mix.

30 minutes laatuuurr

Who knew it would take you nearly half an hour to make a Yorkshire pudding mix? It started off by forgetting an ingredient so they didn't cook properly, then the second time round Rose got bored so she started flicking flour at you, which turned into a whole flour fight then everything got too crazy and chaotic and you accidentally knocked off the bowl of Yorkshire pudding mix, third time the success (great success!) You had just put the potatoes in, and you didn't have any chicken *mentally slaps head for not checking*  so you were doing gammon as Rose didn't want beef (Jesus, Mary, Joseph and the wee donkey!)

Scarlett came home half way through and froze the second she got in seeing the mess in the kitchen and you and Rose covered in flour, Scarlett was too tired to bother so she just shook her head and laughed before heading up for a shower (such a cool mum.)

You are cooking dinner for Scar to say thank you for letting you stay over for a while, Rose sits on the counter helping you, like mixing sauce or something, Scarlett is asleep (nap) as she had busy day and Rose asks Alexa to play one of your favourite songs at the moment and as the song begins to play you both smile at each and begin to dance.

(this is actually my favourite song at the moment and it's by New Rules and its called..... Emily.... i have a feeling of what at least one or two of the comments are going to say and i know who it's going to be!)

"Seasons come and seasons go but don't you know that it's supposed to beeeeeeee!!!" you and Rose sing together holding wooden spoons, you mistakingly giving Rose the wooden spoon with gravy on it. "You and me forever Emilyyyyyyy!!!!!" you both sing Rose accidentally flicking the wooden spoon causing gravy to flick onto your face and some in your hair.

"Sorry Y/n!" Rose laughed getting kitchen roll and wiping your face gently.

"What the hell is going on here?" ~Scarlett shook her head smiling. "Oh Y/n you've got gravy all over you!!!"

"It was Rose's fault!" you immediately pointed at Rose sitting on the kitchen counter still with flour all over her.

"It's true I AM GUILTY!" Rose nods in agreement as Scarlett comes up to you grabbing a bit more kitchen roll wiping your face.

"Well Y/n is still a messy!" 

"Inside and out!" You sigh dramatically making Scarlett smile as she continues to wipe your face. 

"You goofball. I will never understand how you've managed to get gravy on the back of your neck." Scarlett rolls her eyes as she wipes the crook of your neck, side and back.