Cold

Day 6 - 6th December

"Now this is what you both get from playing around in the snow too much without wrapping up properly." Scarlett sat down carefully, trying not to wake a sleeping Rose curled up next to you in Scarlett's bed suffering the same thing as you, a cold! Dun, dun dun!

"In our defense, we didn't notice most of the things we were wearing weren't waterproof!" you raised your arm weakly before bringing your hand to your mouth to cough, which to Scarlett sounded quite bad.

"And i thought Rose was bad, you sound terrible."

"Well fork you too!" You spoke with your raspy voice which tickled your throat making you cough even more, leaning forward slightly leaning on Scarlett's stomach as she patted your back then rubbing it soothingly. "You right, and I feel like shit as well." you groaned rubbing your face then your eyes. "Eurgh i feel terrible, so sweaty and achy." you stand up as Scarlett starts smiling and laughing to herself knowing this would've happened when you said you wanted to go out in the snow. "Ughhhh i don' think i can even walk properly, look how limp-y I am! Oh, I'm so limp-y, like a limpet, like a Limpet Opek."

"What?"

"Nothing"

"You want me to make you some soup?" Scarlett's shouts out, not too loudly as you had a headache and Rose was still asleep, towards the closed bathroom door. 

"Good soup?!"

"Mmm good soup."

"Yes please."

"Coming right up!" Scarlett walks downstairs whilst you have a shower and go to the loo, whilst you were in there Rose woke up looked around the room to find no one but caught the familiar smell of her mama's special home-made soup from downstairs, and she heard the shower turn on which she knew was you and she knew you didn't feel well as well so she left you alone as well. 

"Morning Mama." Rose ran down the stairs with her blanket and teddy.

"Afternoon." Scarlett corrected with a chuckle.

"Are you making your special soup."

"Yeah Rosie wanted some, how about you." 

"Yes please Mama."

"How you feeling now darling." Scarlett walked over to Rose to feel her forehead witht the back of her hand whilst the soup was heating up. "It doesn't feel like you have a temperature anymore."

"I'm feeling much better but still got a cough."

"Ahhh that will go in no time."

"How's Squidge?"

"Not great baby so try keep the noise down today, we've got to give her extra cuddles as well. Give her loads of blankets to keep her warm, you can spend all day watching movies with her in my bed if you want, I'll come and join you after my meetings. So, while I'm working you've got to take over my job for the day of taking care of her, can you do that for me?"

"Yeah." Rose got handed her bowl of soup by Scarlett before she absolutely devoured it. 

Whilst Scarlett and Rose were eating their soup you came down, with your blanket wrapped round your frail and weak body. You walked, well waddled like a penguin which Rose found quite amusing as she let out a little giggle, which put a smile on your face, you waddled over to Scarlett and leaned on her, forehead on her shoulder as she went to rub your back again soothingly wrapping an arm round you as she hugged you tightly, not caring there was a possibility of catching your cold.

You let out a little cry from feeling like rubbish, when Scarlett heard a little sniffle coming from you she beckoned Rose over who ran over to the two of you and hugged your legs as you leant down a bit rubbing her back with your free arm whilst the other one was wrapped round Scarlett's waist.

"I'm sorry to let go of this hug but I've got a meeting to go to in a few minutes and i need to clear all of this up, but Rose promised me she was going t take it as her job to take care of you for me today." You and Scarlett looked down and smiled at Rose nodding enthusiastically. 

"Let me take your soup up for you Rosie!" Rose tried to reach for the bowl of soup on top of the kitchen counter but couldn't reach it.

"No it's fine petal I'll carry it, anyway t's a bit too hot for you to carry. Don't worry i can manage." You released from the hug with Scarlett.

"I'll come join you later bubba ok?" you nodded weakly. "I'll make sure to bring your medicine up on my break."

"Thank you." you smiled as you took the bowl of soup from the counter and made your way back up the stairs, Rose running after you then taking hold of your free hand helping you up the stairs, whilst Scarlett watched with a massive smile on her face.

"What do you wanna watch then sunshine?" you asked Rose.

"JoJo Rabbit?"

"Maybe when you're older!" you widen your eyes.

"But you said that's what adults say when they actually mean you can never watch it?!"

"Exactly!" you smiled.

"Why?"

"I'll tell you when you're older." you smirked. "Can we watch Despicable Me I'm in the mood for Vector and then the Incredible so we can see Edna." you looked at Rose with a smile as she returned it instantly.

"Piranha launcher OH YEAH!" you and Rose announced in sync both making you giggle.