What are you doing?

I'm on holiday in a lil cottage with my grandparents who I haven't seen for two and a half years and surprise surprise I can't sleep so I'm just doing this lil thing as it's my favourite thing to write with Scarlett. Just to let you know I am finishing the Christmas requests and will probably be posting them soon, there will also be a short, funny new years eve one, and 'Just go, Part 4 will be out soon and I'm also doing one where the reader is Irish and is in derry girls and one of those one shots where Scarlett watches it for the reader because I'm obsessed with Derry Girls at the moment and having so much writing for it for my fanfic

Scarlett's POV:

For New Years Eve I had invited Y/n to join me, Rose, Cosmo and Colin to a little cottage in Cornwall as I wanted to take Cosmo, Colin and Rose there as I loved it so much after Y/n took me there and I knew how much Y/n loved it so I invited her, and she's family as well. Rose had her own room upstairs and Cosmo had his cot set up by mine and Colin's bed and Y/n had the room downstairs as it was the only double left.

I woke up in the middle of the night, the rest of the house sleeping soundly, nature calls so I walked across the hall to go to the loo. But when coming back I noticed a light shining from where the sofas were. I snuck downstairs as quiet as possible just in case. 

I ducked my head in the space between the bottom of the upstairs landing and the the stair banister to see Y/n stretched out cocooning in her duvet watching something on her laptop with her headphones in that was one of the things i got her for Christmas which cancel out outside Y/n as she always liked the idea of them so she could have some peace and quiet to herself and listen to her music. 

I flicked the lamp on the side table by the stairs to try and get her attention, which worked as she looked up to me and gave me a smile. I walked over to her as she took her headphones out as i lifted up her legs sitting beside her and putting her legs back down on my lap.

"You alright bubs?"

"Can't sleep. Thought a movie would help."

"What movie you watching." She turned the laptop around to show a familiar scene for 'We Bought a Zoo.' "I don't know whether to take that as a compliment or an insult."

"Compliment." She chuckled putting her laptop away and placing her head on my lap as i combed my fingers through her hair. "It's a very calming movie except when Spar dies thats when i wake up to cry."

"Do you always fall asleep to my movies?"

"Only 'Lost in Translation', thats also really calming like I don't have to stay awake to follow a direct plot, "We Bought a Zoo' and I think that's it. I can't fall asleep to JoJo Rabbit!"

"Oh stop going on about that I apologise AGAIN that I didn't warn you."

"I walked out the movie theatre with mascara running down my cheeks Scarlett everyone looked at me like I had problems!" I tried to hold in my chuckle but she realised. "It's not funny!"

"It kinda is!"

"Will you watch the rest of the movie with me so I can go to sleep?" you pouted.

"Sweetheart you know how much I hate watching my own movies!"

 "Pleaseee, pretty pleasee?"

"Bubba I-"

"Pleaaaseeeeeeeeeeeeee?"

"Fine! Only for you though! And just this once!" I warned as she sat up to grab her laptop again giving me one of the headphones as she put the other in the correct ear for her, leaning on my shoulder on the side where she wasn't wearing an earphone as she pressed play on the movie.