Special

This story is special it's not Scarlett but it's someone else I love, the reader is just having a tough day.

Soooooo the special issss

EMILYYYYYY!!!!!!!

Emily's POV:

I've been back in England for a year to film Mary Poppins Returns. I always loved going back to England, staying in London for a few months or years but also because one of my best friends lived there. She worked with me on 'Into the Woods' and we've been close ever since and we've always made it our mission to see each other more than once when I come over back to England.

We were at home (me, John and the girls) when we heard the doorbell ring. Me and John gave each other a knowing with a smile knowing it's her. "HAZEL! VIOLET! Y/N IS HERE COME ON DOWN!" I shouted up the stairs whilst John made his way to the front door. "Ok mummy!" I heard the two girls squeal as they ran down the stairs and towards John who was waiting for us to open the door. When we all gathered round the front door as John swung it open, as soon as we all saw each other the air was filled with cheers of celebration and joy as John gave Y/n a quick hug before getting pushed out of the way by Hazel and Violet who hugged up but were too small to reach so ended up basically hugging her legs.

"OK! OK! MY TURN!" I shooed them out of the way. "My turn!" I squealed before pulling Y?n into a big hug slightly lifting her up off the ground. "I missseddddd youuuuuu"

"I missed you more Em" Y/n slightly chuckled after I put her done off the ground. "Right so what we doing first today?!"

"OH! Before we do anything I need to do something first!" I grabbed her hand and dragged her to the living room. "Since we missed your birthday, well we didn't miss it we just couldn't see you because you were working. We obviously didn't have a chance to give you your birthday present soooooo" I leaned over the side of the sofa to grab the little bag. "Here you go!" I smiled whilst handing her the bag."

"Thank you! You didn't have to!"

"Shut up! You just say that to be polite I know you now open the goddamn present!" I laughed and so did she.

"Right do you want me to open a specific one first because I also know what you are like!" she smirked.

"Oppennnnnn" I dug through the bag picking out the first present. "This one! This one is sort of like a joint one it was John's idea but the girl's decided to jazz it up a bit!"

"Ok!" she laughed and she ripped open the paper. When she saw what was inside she froze. I was a picture of all of us, me, John, the girls, Y/n with her family: parents, siblings/siblings and grandparents spending Boxing Day together. We were all in front of the big tree in our living room, all the adults with champagne glasses and Y/n in the middle of me and one of her grandparents, with me leaning my head slightly on top of hers and her grandparent giving her a kiss on the side of her head. You could see just from the photo how happy we all were, especially Y/n she always loved recalling back on that day she described as one of the best days of her life. John thought it would be nice as not long before her birthday one of her grandparents unfortunately passed and so he thought it would be nice to have a photo from a happy memory. The photo was in a plain photo frame which was the part of the present the girls had jazzed up. The painted it sort of a dark red color since it was Y/n's favourite color and with glitter glue on the top bit of the frame the wrote, 'The Krunts and the Y/L/N's'.

"Do you not like it Y/n?" Hazel asked and Y/n shook her head immediately. John gave me a look telling me he knew what to do in that moment without me telling him.

"Come on you too Mummy's made you some sandwiches so why don't you go and eat them quickly before Mummy and Y/n eat them all" John got them up and hurried them to the kitchen out of our way.

Y/n hadn't moved, so I did. I shuffled closer to her on the sofa. "Y/n?" No answer so I shuffled closer this time placing my hand on top of hers making her jump slightly. When it did I held her hand tighter rubbing my thumb on the back of it to try and calm her down. "Y/n! Sweetheart?"

"I do love it I really do I just wish they were still here" she sniffled.

"I know sweetheart!" Again I moved closer to her, not much just enough to close the small space between us as I brought her into a hug. "I know" I stroked her hair.

"I feel like I'm being ungrateful here or like I've upset John cause I do! I do really like the present! I love it even!" 

"No no sweetie you haven't upset me or been grateful in anyway" John came back front he kitchen leaving the girls in there with their lunch. He sat down and rubbed Y/n's back to help calm her, who still had their face nuzzled into my neck as I rocked her back and forth.

"Are you-"

"Shush shush don't say anymore, don't doubt yourself, you're not being ungrateful in anyway or upsetting us in anyway." I reassured her.

30 minutes later

About 5 more minutes after reassuring Y/n more and calming her down we all had lunch together then got back to opening the rest of her late birthday present. Now we were all sat round together, Y/n sort of lying on top of me resting her head on my chest whilst we watched one of Y/n's birthday presents. My gift to her. This was my personal gift. It was DVD of all the videos we had taken so far when we spent time together. Which consisted of us scaring poor Anna Kendrick on the set of 'Into the Woods.' Or the first time, not long after we wrapped with the movie, Y/n came to visit me in hospital after giving birth to Hazel.

As the video went on I kept looking down at Y/n resting on my chest every now and then just to see if she was alright.

"Em you can stop looking at me. One i know I'm gorgeous but please stooooppppp!" she joked. "And number two I'm fine now,I'm all calm thanks to you and John." she smiled.

"Just checking!" I smiled back. "I love you!" I leaned down and whispered.

"I love you more" she whispered back with a big smile on her face before going back to watching the video and laughing at me and her doing the ice bucket challenge with John. Watching John's reaction as we poured two massive plastic boxes of freezing, cold, ice water on top of himunexpectedly.