Insomnia

"Y/n I swear to god I didn't share a hotel room with you to hear you shuffling and fidgeting all night!" Scarlett loudly sighed from the other bed next to you.

"I'm sorry okay?! It's not my fault I have insomnia!"

"You're having problems sleeping again?" Scarlett asked sitting up with a slight tone of guilt to her voice.

"Yes Scar that's what insomnia is!" you huffed turning over once again not noticing the slight tone og guilt in Scarlett's voice.

"Why didn't you tell me? When was the last time you had proper sleep?"

"I didn't tell you because it's not your problem!" you huffed again with your back to Scarlett, she couldn't see you anyway as the room was pitch black.

"When was the last time you slept?" there was silence, you didn't want to answer. "Y/n!"

"I can't remember." You murmured.

"Oh Y/n-"

"It's fine." You sighed sadly interrupting getting up to go to the toilet. As you finished your business, washed your hands you opened the door to Scarlett giving you a sympathetic smile holding her pillow. You sighed turning the lights off quickly trying to hide a smile and walked back over to the bed facing the door, meaning your back was turned from Scarlett's bed.

You soon felt the bed dip, obviously it was Scarlett. All she wanted to do was to try and help you sleep, because that's all you wanted to do. She knew it frustrated you that you couldn't get to sleep. And she knew you weren't purposely keeping yourself awake, you wanted to sleep, but you couldn't and you didn't know why. 

She kept a small space between the two of you and instead of bringing you immediately into her arms she started to rub your back soothingly, as she rubbed your back she stroked your hair that had naturally sprawled across the pillow, as she shuffled closer to you resting her chin on your shoulder. You couldn't take it anymore you needed to hug this woman! So you turned yourself round getting comfortable, eventually nuzzling into the crook of her neck as she continued stroking your hair and mindlessly humming your favourite song (this is my fav song at the moment!), the humming then soon turned into a singing in a hushed tone.

"But I can't stop the pain inside me, baby. Love really hurts without you, love really hurts through and through. And it's breaking my heart. But what can I do without you?" Scarlett moved her hand from your hair to you cheek, turning her hand so she was softly brushing the back of her hand against your cheek, occasionally tucking the fallen strands of Y/H/C (your hair colour) behind your ear. It took a while and many, many more song but you soon feel asleep, mostly because of feeling warm and at home in Scarlett's embrace. 

Scarlett always shared a hotel room with you went everyone went abroad for press tour, of course she was usually in her own bed but she would always be the first to wake up. When Scarlett is in a different place, country, city, if you two had a good view from the window Scarlett would leave the blinds open. Usually because she would just sit for hours on end staring out at the city lights lighting up the night sky, she'd just mindlessly watch the world go by, she loved it. You guys were in London and you had a lovely view of your home city, Scarlett always loved London since the first time you took her, the tube, Harods, Buckingham Palace, Tower of London and many other things. SO of course last night was one of the nights where Scarlett would forget to either close the blinds or just couldn't be bothered, well this time the silly girl just didn't close them properly.

Scarlett woke first to the streaks of sunlight making their way through the OPEN blinds. Scarlett squinted at the sudden brightness, rubbing her eyes she attempted to sit up so she could stretch but something was restraining her. She then remembered about last night and looked down to see you curled up clinging onto her like a koala, making her chuckle hoarsely due still only waking up.

She shrugged at the thought of having to get up soon and lay back down wrapping her arms round your torso once again. She hated the idea of having to get you up now, even though it wasn't;t her idea of a best sleep it was better than nothing and what you had had in ages, so she still didn't want to wake you from your slumber, but again she had to. Meh maybe 5... 10 more minutes.

Scarlett knew that if she were to close her eyes again she wouldn't wake back up for a long time, so whilst waiting for you she stumbled into day dream, mindlessly plaiting strands of your hair that weren't trapped between you and the crook of her neck. She then checked her phone again and time had seemed to fly by as unfortunately it was time to wake you up.