Not far

You tossed and turned unable to get to sleep so you threw the duvet off you and walked into the lounge area of your apartment lifting the window up.

"Scarlett!" You quietly yelled. "Scarlett!" You tried again. "God dammit!" You sighed grabbing small pebbles that were stuck in the gutter underneath the window and lightly threw them at the window across you.

You smiled as you saw her get up drying her hair with a small towel, her body wrapped in a robe as she lifted up the window to greet you.

"Hiya trouble." She smiled across from you. "Cant sleep again?" You nodded. "Ok let me put some some comfy clothes on. And I'll come round soon." She gave you another smile before closing the window.

You clicked your Alexa on and put Novo Amor playlist on as you found the music relaxing and could usually send you to sleep in an instant. You dug out your set of playing cards whilst the kettle was boiling to make yourself a cup of tea and Scarlett a hot chocolate.

You soon heard a knock at your front door and opened it with a smile before heading to the sofa Scarlett soon following after you flopping down on the sofa face forward and you laughed at her.

"What card game do you wanna play?" You asked her.

"I am learning Scabby Queen if it's the last thing I do!"

"Ok!" You chuckle.

You played one game for what seemed like for ages to help take your mind of your insomnia as Scarlett knew she could never easily get you to sleep so she tired to play board games, watch movies, or just talk to you to talk your mind off not being able to sleep which worked as you usually felt tired and fell asleep half way through a card game.

"Scabby Queen! I win!" Scarlett exclaimed excitedly.

"No you don't you have to get rid of the Queen!"

"I still don't get this game!" Scarlett sighed. "I'm bored of this game do you just want to talk?" Scarlett sighed heavily again resting her head on her hand which was rested on the back of the sofa.

"Mm yeah sure!" You shrugged.

"Do you know why you have insomnia?" Scarlett mumbled shuffling closer to you grabbing one hand and messing and fiddling with the rings on your finger.

"I don't know really I think I'm just a big overthinker. Like I think of questions when I'm supposed to make decision they don't have to be big, it can be either. Mainly I think of what I've done that day like could I have done anything different? Stuff like that." You shrugged again. "Again I don't really know it's just... I don't know!" You threw your head back slightly chuckling.