Ben Chilwell

NAME: ASHLEY

Amnesia by 5 Seconds of Summer 

Ben's POV:

I drove by all the places we used to hang out getting wasted
I thought about our last kiss, how it felt the way you tasted
And even though your friends tell me you're doing fine

Me and Ashley, my ex girlfriend broke up 5 months ago. I remember that we went on this date and we shared a kiss but it was our last kiss. I'm still friends with her friends and they told me she's fine. 

Are you somewhere feeling lonely even though he's right beside you?
When he says those words that hurt you, do you read the ones I wrote you?

She's dating someone new now, and it sucks. It hurts, she moved on so quick after us. Was I not enough? Was I bad to her? I made time for her, took her out for meaningful trips yet she stopped being happy after 5 years together. Was I just boring? I mean, I play for Chelsea, I go to matches, parties but she comes too. Did she get tired of it? 

Sometimes I start to wonder, was it just a lie?
If what we had was real, how could you be fine?
'Cause I'm not fine at all

After we broke up, I was and still am heartbroken. She moved on, she was happy but did she feel the same or was I just a place mat until the real deal came along? I see Instagram posts of her and her boyfriend and it kills me to see the smile she used to smile at me. 

I remember the day you told me you were leaving
I remember the make-up running down your face
And the dreams you left behind you didn't need them
Like every single wish we ever made
I wish that I could wake up with amnesia
And forget about the stupid little things
Like the way it felt to fall asleep next to you
And the memories I never can escape

The day she told me she was leaving, she was crying. She told me, 'Ben, I love you but lately I've realised I am not in love with you Ben. I have to leave. Mason accidently let slip you were going to propose and I'm sorry but I can't be with you anymore. I will always care for you and grateful for our 5 years but I have to go." She left and I slid down the walls to the floor. I wish I woke up with amnesia. I want to forget about it all. 

The pictures that you sent me they're still living in my phone
I'll admit I like to see them, I'll admit I feel alone
And all my friends keep asking why I'm not around
It hurts to know you're happy, yeah, it hurts that you've moved on
It's hard to hear your name when I haven't seen you in so long

I still have the pictures Ashley sent me. I look at them sometimes and then remember to stop. I like to see them but I need to stop. Last night the lads were celebrating winning the Super Cup. Mason asked me, 'Ben, you coming?" and I said no. They asked me  why I'm not around but it's just that I am not happy or OK. I need to move on but how? 

If today I woke up with you right beside me
Like all of this was just some twisted dream
I'd hold you closer than I ever did before
And you'd never slip away
And you'd never hear me say

Everyday I wake up and sometimes I expect her to be there. I would hold her close but that will never happen again. Ever. 

"Ben!" yelled Mason, from across the pitch. I walk over and Mason smiles. "Hey, I have to tell ya something..... want to go on a blind date with someone?" asked Mason. "Um.... I don't know" I said. "Please, you need to move on, become happier" said Mason. "Fine" I said. I go back to change and go home. I have a shower and slide on a shirt and jeans. I slide on vans and do my hair. I go outside and Mason texts me the place. 

"Hi, um there is someone here I am meeting" I said. "Ah the young lady in red. Follow me" said the lady. She walked me to a table and wow. A girl with red hair, blue eyes. I smile and sit down. "Hi, I'm Ben" I said. "Hi, I'm Scarlett." said Scarlett. I smile. "So um, how ya know Mason?" I ask. "His my brother's best mate" said Scarlett. "Ah OK" said I said. "Your his teammate?" said Scarlett. "Yup. His annoying at times" I said. "He is, my brother always has him over for sleepovers or dinner. He pisses me off on the daily" said Scarlett. "How come you never dated?" I ask. "Nah, not my type" said Scarlett. "Who is your type?" I ask. "Someone like you" said Scarlett. I blush and we order food and drinks.

It's been a year and a half of me and Scarlett dating. I've fallen in love with her and she has fallen in love with me. She tells me all the time. She knows about Ashley and she reassures me she will always love me. Today she's coming to see Chelsea vs Liverpool match. I spot her in the crowd beside ASHLEY?! Oh fuck me. I run over since I said I'd say hi. I kiss her and she smiles. "Good luck today, you will be great" said Scarlett. "Thanks baby, how's our boy doing?" I ask, rubbing her stomach. "His doing good, Benny. His excited. He wants you to win" said Scarlett. "I'll try for our boy" I said. "Ben?" asked Ashley. "Ashley" I said. "Your his ex? I'd say nice to meet you but I can't" said Scarlett. I smirk and look at Scarlett. "Better go and Ashley, was not nice to see you" I said. I walk away and go to the pitch. Mason slaps my back. "Ashley's here" said Mason. "Yeah but Scarlett and my son are more important." I said. Mason slaps my back and we go win the match. 

Our son, Grey Mason Chilwell. He looks just like me and I smile at Scarlett. "We have a handsome baby boy" I said. "We do" said Scarlett, smiling. 

I got my happy ending. 

I hope you enjoyed this imagine!

Lorna xx