Anthony Elanga

NAME: Rue 

After you died, he didn't think he'd fall in love again.

Anthony's POV:

Three months ago my girlfriend, Rue died in a car crash. She was on her way home to Brighton to see her family for the first time since Covid-19 started. When I got the call that she was in a car crash, I rushed to Brighton. Once I arrived, I got to see her but after I saw her along with her family, she passed away from her injuries.

I was heartbroken afterwards but I moved forward while being heartbroken. Me and her family are still close. I'm certain I will never find love again. I was going to propose to her, have that big white wedding we always wanted. I hear a knock on the door. I go open the door. A girl is standing there. "Hi, I'm sorry to bother you but I just moved in next door and I uh..... don't know where the nearest shop is" said the girl. "Oh, it's down the road on the right, I'm Anthony" I said. "Hi, I'm Riella" said Riella. "Hi" I said. "Thanks" said Riella. She walks away and I close the door.

I go have a bath and relax on the sofa. I hear a knock on my door and I go open the door. "Jadon" I said. "Hey, I'm gonna hang out with you" said Jadon. I nod and he comes inside. We sit on the sofa and he hands me a beer. "How are you?" asked Jadon. "Fine" I said. "So, when are you coming back training?" asked Jadon. "Tomorrow, it will help with me forgetting for a while" I said. He nods and I turn on a random movie.

After a couple of weeks, I'm enjoying myself. As it gets to the anniversary, I hear Riella calling my name. "Hey Riella" I said. "Hey! I was wondering if you want to have dinner at my house? My parents tell me I have to be more neighbourly" said Riella. "Um.... I'm sorry I have something to do" I said. "Oh, that's fine" said Riella. She goes inside her house. I drive down to Brighton and meet Carol and Jim. We go for dinner at Rue's favourite restaurant and we enjoyed our meal. 

"So, have you met anyone new?" asked Jim. "No." I said. "Tony, you do know Rue would want you to be happy, right?" said Jim.  "I know I just can't seem too" I said. "Tony, try" said Carol. I nod and when I get home. I think, maybe I will give Riella a chance. I mean, she's nice.

Three months later, me and Riella are casually dating. She is falling for me and I care for her. I don't know if I could do this. Jadon and Marcus arrive. We just talk.

Riella's's POV:

I decide to bring dinner over to Tony's. I open the door and hear talking. 

"I just.... I know she loves me and I care for her but I.... I don't love her. I miss Rue." said Anthony. I look down. "Man, why did you date her? You should have known this would happen" said Marcus. "I know but Rue's parents thought it would be a good idea" said Tony. I leave and go home. I pack a bag. I'm visiting my family in Liverpool. I go to my car and drive home. 

When I go through a green light a truck rams into the side of me. I scream and pass out.

Anthony's POV:

I hear my phone ring. It's Mallory, Riella's mom. "Hi" I said. "Anthony, Riella was in a car crash, sweetie. She's being transported to the nearest hospital to you." said Mallory. "Fuck, I'll be right there" I said. "What happened?" asked Jadon. "Ella was in a car crash.... no.... I can't lose her. Guys.... I do love her, I am in love with her.... fuck" I said. I rush to the hospital and go to the reception. "Riella Thomas! What room is she in?" I ask. "Room 308" said the receptionst. I rush to the lift and get on. Once I get to the room, I find a docter and ask him. "She has a broken leg, cuts and bruises but she's fine" said the doctor. I nod and go inside. "Riella" I said.

"What are you doing here?" asked Riella. "Your mom called" I said. "I heard you talking today, about Rue and how you don't love me. I think it's best we end our relationship. I'm sorry but can you leave?" said Riella. "Ella, baby" I said. "No. Leave. I'm moving back to Liverpool" said Ella, looking away. "Babe, please" I begged. "Go" said Riella. I nod and leave. 

I get home. "She dumped me, she overheard us but fuck" I said, beginning to cry. "Oh Anthony" said Jadon. They leave and I go have a bath.

3 weeks later I have had enough. I'm telling Ella how I feel! I pack a bag and drive to Liverpool. Once I arrive, I knock on her mum's door. "Anthony" said Mallory. "I need to talk to Riella, she overheard me and I... I didn't know how I felt but I realise I am in love with her and I need to tell her." I said. "Go" said Mallory. I turn. "No, go upstairs to her room, silly" said Mallory. I nod and go upstairs. I knock on her door. "Ma! Go away!" said Riella. I open the door and step inside. 

"Riella..... I.... I'm sorry you overheard us but I do care for you. I do but babe, I am in love with you. I realised too late and I'm sorry. When Rue died, I thought that I will never find love and then you came along and I felt something. I guess I hid it and when it did hit, I just thought it was care but its not. It's real, strong love" I said. Riella sits up and sighs. "I admit you hurt me when I heard about what you said. I forgive you and I am in love with you too" said Riella. I smile and sit beside her. "How are you feeling?" I ask. "Tired, sore and missing you" said Riella. "I miss you too, do you want to come home with me?" I ask. She nods. "Yeah, sure. I miss you and mum tells me to give you a chance" said Riella. I laugh and kiss her. I help her back and we get in my car after saying bye. 

Once we get home, I order McDonalds, pour out some wine and set up Netflix. We enjoy our date night. 

We got married 3 years later and had two kids, Cora Kate and Kayden Aidan Elanga. 

I found love after Rue and it was just as strong, maybe even stronger! I love our family!

I hope you enjoyed this update!

Lorna xx