Ben Chilwell

NAME: Lea

You fight over your ex who you share a kid with.

Your POV:

Me and my ex, Max have a 5 year old son together. Xavier looks just like Max and their close. Me and Ben Chilwell have been dating for 3 years, Max isn't that happy that Xavier lives with a footballer but he puts up with it. 

He always texts me about giving him another shot, which I know his joking around and I always say no, but he keeps doing it. I just find it funny and that its a joke. We broke up because we fell out of love, so obviously he can't want me back after 5 years of not being together. 

Me and Xavier are out in the back, his practicing football. I left my phone inside and I'm sitting on the grass. I smile at Xavier. "Mama! Did you see that!" said Xavier. "I did, bud! You did amazing!" I said. He wants to be a footballer like Ben, I'm proud of him. I hear my name being called. "Bud, Ben wants me, you keep practicing." I said. He nods. I walk inside and Ben's sitting on the sofa.

I sit beside him. "I want to talk. Max texts you to get back with him" said Ben. I nod. "It's a joke, Ben. He doesn't actually want  me back" I said. "He does, here look" said Ben. I look at the message and sigh. I guess I should have shut him down first but I just thought it was harmless.

"Do you want to get back with him?" asked Ben. "No! I love you, Ben" I said. "Yeah then why did you just let him ask you again and again? If I had an ex who did that, I would shut them down but you didn't! You obviously don't  care about me if your letting him keep asking. I thought you loved me but what am I? A rebound?" said Ben. "No! I am so in love with you!" I said, beginning to tear up. "Let's face it, you have a small feeling for him if you never, not once shut him down" said Ben. I look at him. "I have to go. I-I can't do this now" said Ben. He stands and walks out. 

I begin to cry. Fuck.  I walk outside. "Xavier, granny is coming over" I said. He nods and mum walks in. "What happened?" asked mum. "Max has been texting me for years saying we should get back together and I thought he was messing so I just ignored it but he really does.... read this.... Ben left. He saw and left. He said I never, not once shut Max down" I said, crying. "Honey, Ben's right. You should have shut him down when he first mentioned it. I love Ben like a son, don't mess it up anymore." said mum. I nod. I drive to Max and go inside. "Lea... What are you doing here?" asked Max. "Your fucking text! You fucking messaging me all the time to get back together with you. I thought you were joking but you weren't! Fuck you. I lost Ben. His probably going to leave me and I won't have my soulmate. I fucking love him but he thinks I love you! I don't love you anymore. Fuck you, Max" I said. 

"Lea..... I'm sorry. I.... love you but I guess I am in the wrong. I will be the father of Xavier and be civil. I am so sorry" said Max. I shrug. "I guess. I better go. Don't text me unless it's about Xavier" I said. I leave and go home. Mum hugs me and I sigh. Xavier walks to me. "Where's Ben?" asked Xavier. "He... had to go to training bud" I said. "Oh, he didn't say bye" said Xavier. "It was last minute, buddy" I said. He nods and goes to his playroom. I sit on the sofa and look at mine and Ben's pictures.

Ben's POV:

I'm sitting in the park where me and Lea met. When Xavier was 2, he was adorable. I love that little boy like his my own. I hear my name. Lea's mum, Mindy. She walks over and sits beside me. "I guess your mad I left instead of talking it out with Lea" I said. "Actually, I'm mad at Lea." said Mindy. I look at her. "How?" I ask. "She let him continue and Ben, your like a son to me. I liked Max but he wasn't like you. You treat her like a queen, where he never did. Even Jack, he loves you because you make our daughter happy. I'm just sorry she didn't know to shut him down instantly" said Mindy. I shrug. "Are you going to break up with her?" asked Mindy. "I don't know." I said. She places her hand on my shoulder. 

"Follow your heart, Ben. Love is love, fight for it if you think it's worth the fight" said Mindy. I nod and she walks off. I look at mine and Lea's pictures. "Ben?" said Max. I look at him. He sits beside me. "I'm sorry." said Max. I look at him. "Lea.... she came to my place today. She told me about you leaving" said Max. "I did" I said. "Don't break up with her. She doesn't love me, she told me. I.... I guess I was jealous that she found someone who treated her better then I did and I just.... wanted her back. She is in love with you, Ben. Xavier adores you. I promised her I would only talk to her about Xavier. I am so sorry" said Max. I nod. "I was going to propose tonight. I cancelled the restaurant" I said. I take the ring out and show him it. "She'd love that ring. Ben.... go back to her. Don't leave her because of me being foolish. I loved her once but now I know I don't. She is so happy with you. Xavier tells  me all the time, about how you kiss her forehead when she's sad, how you rub her back when she's angry, how you hug her when she feels insecure and remind her she's perfect.  Your the perfect role model for him when his older with girls. I never was great at being a boyfriend. Don't ruin the relationship because of me being pathetic" said Max. "Max, I forgive you. I will never leave her. I just needed space, to think" I said. "Your a great man, Ben. I'm just too slow to notice." said Max. I laugh and punch his arm. "Listen, you will find a woman who is for you. I think I know someone, my childhood best friend, Katelyn." I said. "OK, introduce me to her" said Max. I give him her number and text her to let her know he will text her.

We both go our separate ways. I walk home. 

Lea's POV:

I hear the front door open. I stand up. Ben walks in. "Ben" I said. "Can we talk?" asked Ben. I nod and we sit down. "Your mum talked to me in the park" said Ben. I nod. "So did Max, as well" said Ben. "He did" I said, looking at him. "He said sorry. He told me why and I forgave him. His actually gonna be texting Kate" said Ben. "OK" I said. "I'm sorry for walking out" said Ben. "Don't be. It was all my fault" I said, tearing up. He stands up and pulls me up. He wraps his arms around me. "I know you love me, Lea. I love you, so much. I was going to do this tonight, somewhere fancy but I cancelled it but here it goes. Will you marry me?" asked Ben. I begin to cry while looking at the ring he showed me. "Yes! I love you, so much Ben" I said, crying. He slides the ring on and kisses me. "I shouldn't have left" said Ben. "Let's forget about it. It's in the past" I said, looking into his eyes. "Let's." said Ben. 

We got married a year later. Xavier was delighted. Max and Kate began dating, and Max is in love with her. I have never seen him like that with me. I'm proud of him. Me, Ben are best friends with Max and Kate. 

When Xavier is 7, we have a daughter, Maisie Rue Chilwell. She looks just like Ben. 

I made mistakes but thankfully, Ben forgave me and if he didn't we wouldn't be married right now and have a beautiful daughter.

Updated! While writing this I have been listening to a playlist of songs about break ups. Writing with songs, about break ups or love helps you get into the mood of what your writing about. 

I hope you enjoy this one! I am accepting requests!

Lorna xx