Stolas x bubbly fem human!reader

Requested by @kittylove32

•──────⋅☾ ☼ ☽⋅──────•

Y/n were in her apartment, painting her newest big project, as she was painting a sky filled with stars, she was singing along to Counting Stars by OneRepublic.

She was making small dancing movements as she walked over to her desk to grab another color of paint.

But suddenly, a hot wave of air filled the apartment and Y/n looked behind her to see some kind of portal and a owl looking girl walked through and stepped into Y/n's apartment.

The two women looked at each other in shock before Y/n stuttered out, "W-Who the fuck are you? What are you doing here? What are you-?" The owl held her hands up to stop the human, "Okay, calm down," she said and closed the portal, holding the book in her arms.

" My name is Octavia, I'm here to get away from my parents, and I'm an owl demon, did that answer all your questions?" "Y-Yes, but... if you're a demon... That means that portal you just made lead to Hell?"

"Exactly,"

"Wow, I'm impressed, confused and worried, but impressed," Octavia smiled and looked behind Y/n to see the painting, her eyes widened at the beautiful art. "You made this?" "Huh? Oh, yeah, I've made all these paintings in here. Most of them are stars... it's kinda my thing," she said and paused the music. Octavia looked around, whispering a slight, "Wow,"

"Do you drink coffee?" Y/n asked and Octavia looked over with a nod to it. Y/n poured up some for her and walked over yo hand the mug to Octavia. "So, Octavia, what's so bad about your family? Sibling problems?"

"No, I'm the only child, it's my parents..."

"Ah, I know how that is,"

"You do?"

"Yeah, my whole life my parents never got along with each other or with me. They didn't support me when I told them I wanted to become an artist, and at 17, they kicked me out for coming out as Y/s (Your sexuality). The only thing calming me down was the stars,"

"The stars, why?" Y/n smiled and sipped her coffee, "Yeah, they are so far away yet so... fascinating... My first love and I always used to watch them and they always told me that they loved the stars, in fact, that's how I grew to love them... And after some years of being together... life changed for both of us... in way different ways..."

"What happened?" Y/n smiled.

"They joined the stars," Octavia widened her eyes as she watched Y/n walk over to a picture of her and her old partner stargazing together, "That's them?"

"Yep, my parents hated them... they told me he was a hypocrite and wasn't enough for me, sometimes they changed their words and said I wasn't enough for them and had to break up with them, I never understood them,"

Octavia placed the picture down onto the table and sighed, "It must have been a hard time to forget them,"

"It was, but I had to accept it sooner or later. So, enough about my problems, this was supposed to be about you. What's your problem, dear?"

"Well, my father has this affair..." as time passes, Y/n listens to all Octavia's small and big problems which made them both bond like mother and daughter.

Y/n was a very way going and had a very babbling personality, which Octavia liked about her.

Octavia glanced at the clock to see hours had passed so fast. "Shit, I have to go back,"

"Then let me teach you how to paint next time, okay?"

"You damn right," was all the young girl said before disappearing into the portal.

Y/n sighed and looked around her apartment, "Alone once more," she whispered and made her way to the bathroom to take a shower.

☾ ☼ ☽

Weeks passed and Y/n were sitting in her living room, having some coffee while reading a book when the familiar portal opened and out stepped Octavia, smiling.

"Ready to teach me?" Y/n smiled and marked where she was in the book before standing up. "Alright, what's your hobbies normally?" "Astronomy," Y/n smirked and send a closed eye smile, "Then let's make zodiac signs,"

Y/n began to sat up everything they needed with a little of Octavia's help. The two women had a good time talking and joking around before the "lesson" started.

"Ready?" Octavia nodded and Y/n smirked "All right, first of, pick up the paintbrush, dip some paint, and form art," Y/n said in a fake voice, it sounded like a very old professor which causing Octavia to giggle and soon burst out laughing as the other woman continued with the voice before she also burst out laughing.

"Hey, young Octavia, can't teach you if you don't take your professor seriously," Y/n said and Octavia stood up straight, "Yes, sir," she said, still laughing some times as she continued to get taught by Y/n who has now her normal voice.

☾ ☼ ☽

Time passes and Octavia eventually came to an end with her painting. Y/n could see very much passion for astrology and space in it. It was different zodiac signs with The Milky Way as background. Y/n smiled, "This is not your first time doing this, is it?"

"Maybe not quite,"

Y/n smirked and chuckled, "I knew it. You're way to good for being your first time painting,"
Octavia and Y/n walked over to its the paintbrushes and pallets to clean them off, Y/n now took her chance into asking how Octavia is doing, "So has it been any changes at home? How's the situation with your parents?"

"Dad forced mom to sign the divorce papers so now I'm living with my dad most of the time," Y/n nodded, "And how do you feel about it?" She shrugged, "I'm alright with it, they didn't marry each other for love in the beginning anyways..." The girl then got an idea and turned to Y/n fully, "I know! Why don't you come with me to my home? I can show you around and introduce you to father,"

"Oh I don't know, Via. I'm a human, are you even supposed to even be talking to humans when you visit the living world?"

"That's true, but please. For my sake, I really want you to meet him," Y/n sighed and nodded. "Alright, but won't he be pissed to see you went here without permission twice?"

"You damn right..." Y/n and Octavia looked around at the voice and looked behind them both to see the portal open and Stolas step outside. Angry expression.

"F-Father..."

'That's her dad?!' Y/n thought as he approached and stared at Y/n's face. "I've been watching you woman. Via, we're going home. You're not allowed to see her again,"

"But father-!"

"Now, Via," Octavia turned to Y/n, silently asking for help and Y/n rubbed the back of her neck, "Hey, um, sir. Octavia came to me, talking about her problems at home... and as far as I know, she was desperate to get away from her two arguing parents... she needed someone to listen to her, and she was lucky that the portal landed in my apartment because most people would probably freak out and yell at here to get out. But my bubbly ass asked her questions, she answered and I listened to her problems, because she couldn't do that to her parents," Y/n explained and Octavia smiled.

"This maybe is wrong to say but, Octavia is like the daughter I never had... So please, listen to her, because she's a special girl that you never meet every day," Octavia watched as Stolas' scold and angry looking expression turned into a soft one and he smiled.

"Well, if my Via trust you... then I should too... So let's start over," Stolas stepped forward and Y/n smiled up at the owl demon.

She held out her hand for a shake, "Well, I'm Y/n, it's very nice to meet you, sir," Stolas grabbed her hand but didn't shake it, he brought it to his beak and kissed the back of it "Please, dear. Call me Stolas," Y/n smiled up at the owl who smiled back.

Octavia petted her own shoulder, feeling that her dad and Y/n were already going to have a wonderful relationship.