Doctor Uchiha 🩺

'Sakura, please. Don't die on me. Not like this; not now.'

A sasusaku au snippet. Dr Sasuke performs lifesaving surgery on his young wife. (I picture Sasuke around 32-34 and Sakura around 28. So, a slight age gap.)

.
.
.

Sasuke made a move to do his usual procedures before a surgery; washing his hands (up to his elbows), slipping on his long, surgical gloves and face shield, but as he moved through these mundane tasks, his mind began to wonder.

'Why didn't she answer my messages? What in the world are you doing, Sakura? It's been hours, that's not like you.'

He tried to shake off the growing, anxious feeling in his gut but it persisted, only seeming to grow more pronounced as he made his way briskly through the double doors and into the surgical room towards his awaiting patient.

"Who is it this time," he asked in his usual monotone voice to one of his nurses, and she grabbed the chart next to the head of the partially-covered, prone figure before scanning its contents slowly.

"Female, age 28, car accident. Looks like she ruptured a few vital organs and cracked several ribs. She also seems to have some swelling on the brain and a broken leg and wrist. She's lucky to be alive actually... they didn't find her until a few hours after it happened. A hit and run I believe."

"Hmm. Monitor her vitals and call in Dr. Uchiha as backup. I might need his help with this one."

"Yes, sir," she said with a slight bow before walking away. He turned then and continued forward, his mind still wary and his gut still rolling, but he tried to ignore it and focus on the fast at hand. He had a life to save after all.

But as he approached the female, a familiar shade of pink reached his senses, halting him in his tracks and sending his world spiraling.

Now he understood why his wife wasn't answering his text messages. Now he understood where this gut feeling was coming from.

His newest patient was his very own wife, Sakura fucking Uchiha.

He couldn't catch a breath as he looked at her broken form and his heart was nearly ready to explode out of his chest. His hands began to shake uncontrollably and he almost began to hyperventilate, but a strong hand placed firmly on his back brought him back to reality.

'Brother.'

"Sasuke, we have a job to do. I'm here for you. I will help you save her. You need to focus now... or she will die. Do you understand?" The young doctor swallowed and then nodded slowly as his foggy brain began to function once again. His brother was right, he had to focus, for her sake.

Sasuke was finally able to make it to her side, brushing his covered fingertips against her cheek before moving to her abdomen where the gaping wound was. He cringed at the sight, knowing that it was his wife's beautiful skin that was marred with this horrific injury.

His eyes moved up, meeting a pair of familiar dark ones from across the table, before he immediately got to work; shouting orders left and right as he worked the instruments with a (now) steady hand. One thought was on his mind as he stitched her organs back together again—

'Sakura, please. Don't die on me. Not like this; not now.'