🔞 Ignite the Flames of Burning Desire 🔞

Sometimes a little touch is all it takes to ignite the fire within.

A sasusaku blank-period smutty snippet.

.
.
.

Cool, autumn air filtered in slowly from the wide mouth of the cave; chilling her to the bone. She shivered and shook in her makeshift sleeping bags, continuously tugging at the ends, pulling them up and around her shoulders as best as she possibly could in a vain attempt to prevent a continual onslaught of cold shivers that would surely keep her up for the rest of the night. Sasuke'd told her he wanted to be up and gone early sometime tomorrow morning if they were to make their destination on time, and any lack of sleep on her part would just end up slowing them down further. She already knew that Sasuke ran on far fewer hours of sleep than she did, given how light of a sleeper he was, and was way more adaptable to the continual exhaustion given he'd been traveling in those types of conditions long before she ever had.

A strong gust of wind blew past her then from the mouth of the cavern (interrupted her overthinking thoughts) and this time, she couldn't help but shiver violently when it slipped past her defenses; the exposed skin of her cheeks tinted a light shade of dusty-rose from the cool night breeze. She'd cursed at everything imaginable for her distress, until—

Fabric shifting around sounded from just behind her before her own blankets were unceremoniously yanked off of her body; and she was about to protest, but it was only briefly before a warmth surrounded her backside, enveloping her in a welcoming heat that staved off the chill. "Sasuke-kun," she questioned as he wrapped his arm around her waist.

"Your teeth chattering will keep us both awake," he simply replied as his excuse before settling in more comfortably in his new position as the "big spoon". Sakura's poor cheeks heated further, but for an entirely different reason, and she snuggled further against him before letting out a contented sigh. With a small smile on her lips, she was finally able to fall asleep.

Unfortunately for Sasuke however, it had been about two hours since Sakura had succumbed to her need for sleep, yet he remained wide awake. In his honorable attempt to ease her suffering from the cold, he'd failed to think of any and all possible future outcomes that might make it a little difficult for him to focus more on his rest, rather than other things.

He wasn't an outright sexual being. He'd never indulged in such nonsense in his younger, adolescent years, but given the dynamic change in his relationship with Sakura... and their newer, escalating levels of intimacy... he was starting to have a harder time restraining himself from acting more chivalrous, rather than like a hormonally sex-starved male.

Such as now. Cuddled up behind her like this, with his lone arm placed securely around her trim waist, he hadn't seen it as causing any issues at first. But the feeling of her bare, exposed skin on his fingertips around her midriff, when the soft fabric of her night shirt had risen up due in part to her slight shuffling, was all it took to stoke the fires in his belly; awakening his innermost primal, instinctual urges to claim what was rightfully his.

He was soon regretful of his quick decision to become the "big spoon" when parts of his lower body began to stir from the direction of his wayward thoughts.

He cursed everything for his slipping self control and willed his body to relax; begging it even, but no matter how hard he was trying, he couldn't seem to shake the feeling... the need... the desire... the want to have her. He was about to pull away from her backside and move to the opposite side of the cave where he belonged when she suddenly turned towards him.

He held his breath when her eyes slowly started blinking open, before she realized that he was watching her. She smiled and slowly reached up to push hair away from his eyes and forehead, and her gaze softened as she looked up at him from beneath thick, dark lashes.