The Lycan's Little Wolf

When fated mate bonds are tested, will love be able to overcome the unthinkable?

Sasusaku Werewolf AU. I'll leave a summary at the end to explain this one. And yeah... sorry again for another werewolf AU. 😅

.
.
.

'Sir, there's an intruder.'

'Who is it,' the alpha wolf demanded from his office chair, his long fingers steepled in front of him as his eyes narrowed in annoyance. He was waiting on an important client... one who could change the entire dynamic (and future for that matter) of his pack, and the last thing he needed was to be interrupted by some ignorant rogue trying to soil his lands.

Though it didn't seem like it, the alpha was a stern, but fair man.

Loving with his pack, yet had a hard, 'no nonsense' exterior towards outsiders and traitors alike. And on a normal basis, the alpha had more patience and a little bit more tolerance for interruptions such as this and was surprisingly accommodating to most of the wayward travelers or simple passers by; depending on their situation and intentions of course. However, not today.

The mind link with his patrolling wolves felt fuller as yet another wolf entered into the conversation. 'It... appears to be a lone she-wolf, sir.'

'No, not alone. She's carrying something, alpha.'

'Track her down and catch her... ,' he sighed as he closed his eyes briefly before rising from his chair. 'Don't kill yet. I'll be there soon.'

'Yes, sir!'

The sounds of his men as they answered in unison resonated in his mind before he cut the link to them entirely; the sudden onslaught of a severe migraine forming. With great effort, and a growing frustration, he made his way out of the pack house and into the surrounding woods, unknowingly being followed by his youngest offspring.

.
.
.

The she-wolf, who's dense, blonde coat looked as if it had seen better days, staggered half-hazardously in a daze through the large blanket of brush as she made her way through the surrounding foliage of an unknown forest. Her feeble attempt to shake off her attackers was seemingly futile, until she ran straight past the border of the most powerful pack currently in existence.

Even those rogues knew better than to cross that line and quickly turned back, towards the direction they came. Mebuki felt as if she had no choice and pressed on, feeling the life force in her body waning with each passing second. A tiny whimper built from within her chest, a sorrowful sob fueled by the grief raking her entire body, sending it into spasms. Her mate, her beloved Kizashi, had perished, of that she was certain... just as certain as she was that she to would soon follow his lead.

Their pack had been attacked.

They had lost.

All had perished... apart from her and her precious cargo.

With no alternative, the crippled she-wolf made her presence known... her precious cargo weighing her muzzle down where she held onto it firmly. Mebuki crashed into smaller trees, purposely toppling them over in order to get the attention of the large wolves patrolling the border, and of course it worked.

The desperate she-wolf heard them gaining on her quickly and let out a massive sigh of relief.

She only hoped that they wouldn't kill her on sight, nor the precious cargo she held so dear, once she was gone from this life. She slowed to a trot before stopping completely as four much larger, jet-black wolves surrounded her. Her pointed ears went flat as one made to move closer, and let out a warming growl for him to stay away. He returned it with force, and took up a defensive stance in front of her.