Chosen Sacrifice for the Alpha

In a small town, Sakura is chosen as the sacrifice to be the alpha wolf's newest bride. The problem is his wolf killed all of the other prospects (or sacrifices). So, what's a girl to do when she is dragged from her home late one night by the village elders to comply with their harsh demands and will he kill her as well once the ceremony to bond them has fully commenced or will his wolf accept hers and begin the dance of dominance and submission.

A sasusaku werewolf AU snippet.

.
.
.

The unmated pair stood directly across from one another, completely surrounded by his pack and she watched as he eyed her meticulously and leisurely... all the while the look on his facial features remained unreadable; stoic even.

The alpha's masculine hands moved up steadily, grasping onto the buttons of his ebony-colored, collared shirt before undoing the top two. As he continued, he spoke one word, but his tone of voice and the meaning behind it was clear. It was almost starting. Almost.

"Strip."

She complied, ignoring the feeling of insecurity growing in her stomach, before she stood (completely naked) in front of him.

She wanted to look away, but didn't.
She wanted to run and hide, but didn't.
She wanted to cover herself, but didn't.

She was determined to see this through... for her family's sake if nothing else. If she didn't, they would be killed, and she wasn't having that. 'How did I get here though? Where did I go wrong? Why— why did he pick me, of all wolves?'

She closed her eyes as the previous hours of events came swarming back. Waking up to banging on the front door of her home... sitting with the village elders in her living room as they told her of her ill fate... shouting and impassioned conversation...before finally quiet and frustrated surrender. This...followed by hours of being stuffed into a car with the very same assholes responsible for all of it and their mirth at her expense, at her suffering... really, really pissed her off.

She was brought back when a cracking sound reached her ears drums.

She opened her eyes and watched in silent fascination as the alpha shifted... her heart pounding a little harder in her chest. He really was a pleasant specimen. But the fact still remains that this "creature" has killed the last few females presented to him. Would she be another mark on his list... more blood spilt by his own hands; or paws rather.

Sakura shook her head and when she heard the low growl emanate from deep within his chest, she knew that he was ready for her and losing patience; fast. Her shift took a bit longer than his (being a less dominant wolf by nature) and once complete, she simply chose to wait and see what he would do next. Waiting to see if she would have to fight for her life or not.

He stalked her (circling her slowly), while his nostrils flared as he picked up the sweet-smelling aroma of her little wolf. When he snarled in her direction, she flinched slightly; her wolf whimpering as he meticulously began to approach it.

Her body tensed when his nose pressed against her neck, before he moved down... reaching her shoulders, then her ribcage before finally landing on her rump. When the black wolf took an experimental nibble of her thigh... she quickly twisted around on him and snapped at him, barely missing his right ear. His obsidian eyes widened (showing surprise) before they narrowed once again as he glared at her. He then growled and snapped his sharp canines in warning.

She wasn't one to back down however... not even from an alpha. She refused to go down without a fight and decided to lung at him first when she watched his shoulders hunch. Her teeth snapped closed again...grabbing a tiny tuft of his dark fur and he whipped around swiftly, slamming his head against her side hard, sending her flying.

The alpha's large pack dispersed slightly when she landed with a hard thump a few feet away from their original spot, with the air momentarily knocked from her lungs, but she quickly recovered and was soon on her feet and charging at him again. The alpha wolf danced around her, narrowly missing her strikes, (as she was very fast) but she couldn't understand why he was acting so tough... yet not actually harming her. Sure, he had thrown her around a few times and nipped at her... but he wasn't being overly aggressive about it. In fact, Sakura knew with little doubt that he would easily be able to take her down and kill her within seconds.

So then, why wasn't he?

While being distracted by her own thoughts, Sakura failed to see the alpha move and seconds later found herself flat on her back with him hovering over her, pinning her down with his giant paws. He was so much bigger than she was, that if her fur didn't stand out against his... you wouldn't be able to see her beneath him. She struggled but he refused to let her up, and she couldn't reach him with her teeth the way he had trapped her. Sakura knew at that moment that she had completely lost this fight. When the alpha growled at her, (low and deep) the pinkette finally stopped with her attempt to struggle against him... though her nostrils flared as her ribcage rapidly expanded; the she-wolf desperately, continuously panting harshly for each intake of breath. The alpha wolf leaned over her, pinning her against the ground and pressing down roughly against her shoulders. Sakura whimpered softly as she looked back up at him with wide eyes; hoping and praying to everything that he would show mercy on her and allow her to at least slink away with her tail tucked between her legs.

But what happened next was not what she had expected.

He was so close that his breath was fanning against her snow-white fur and she could easily see the black specks that were swirling hypnotically within his red irises. Then—

She blinked up at him several times, completely confused. His onyx eyes softened and he let up the pressure on her before licking her again... only this time, instead of on the nose, he bent down to lick at neck and a sound almost like a purr rumbling in the back of his throat as he did it.

'D-does this mean... he accepts me? But... why? H-how?'

Sakura felt his teeth replace his tongue shortly after and a warm shiver raced down her spine, causing her tail to wag slowly and her wolf to whine even more. He finally relented and lifted fully off of her... backing all of the way up so that the young she-wolf could rise onto her feet. She shook the dirt, dust, and debris from her coat before stepping forward cautiously, green eyes holding his own as she approached his frozen form. He allowed her to explore him... just as he had done with her. Her black nose brushed against him in the same way that he had, circling him fully, until she came around to face him once again.

Sakura had to look up slightly due to the size difference between them, but he easily accommodated her when he bent to brush noses before they began to lick each other's muzzles, tails wagging slowly as the crowd began to shift around them. Soon, the young female was surrounded by other wolves, mostly black (like her mate), and they moved in...gently brushing their noses against her sides and neck in greeting and acceptance before moving away from them to allow the newly matched twosome to run off and wholly complete their mating.

The pinkette couldn't fully believe the turn of events as she raced through the thick foliage of her new home; while her mate followed closely behind. The night before she went to bed as a simple, small-town she-wolf... but now she was a Luna of her own pack...with the strongest, most protective, and most handsome mate she could have ever asked for. She couldn't wait to see where life took them.

Sakura was looking forward to having a bright and happy future with her new mate.