Under the Grove Trees - Part 1 🔞

Sworn enemies destined to be soulmates, but how can they when their two worlds always seem to collide in catastrophic devastation? Will they survive? Will love prevail? Will they ever find true peace and will they ever be able to be with one another?

A sasusaku au (angst w/ a happy ending?) snippet. TBC?

.
.
.

Stolen kisses amongst late night trysts, once a secret now brought into light.

She kissed him goodbye for the last time, then set out into the blistering blizzard for the dangerous climb.

White fur on white snow used as her camouflage, but was it all really just sabotage?

In the end... her heart was broken, and words of love were left unspoken.

.
.
.

Sakura was running, racing though enemy territory, almost to the border, when it happened.

The car crash came first, the sound of metal dragging and echoing around her as she ran (sounding like screaming to her sensitive hearing) before the darkness fell silent once more; apart from the roaring of the blistering, winter winds blowing through the tall, fir trees above her head.

A car lay on its top in the middle of the empty road, leaving both the full moon and stars as the only witnesses to its tragic accident.

She watched for a moment after coming to a stop on a cliff side as tall, ghastly billowing puffs of gray smoke began to filter from the car 's busted carburetor. The white she-wolf scented the air cautiously before concluding its occupants as... human.

Instinct propelled her paws forward and suddenly she was on the move.

Thick glass shattered around her as Sakura launched her body carelessly through the car's front windshield; jagged chunks and broken shards ripping through her fur and then down to her skin, then to muscle and from muscle to bone; but the she-wolf didn't even seem to notice these injuries as she was fully focused on her target. Her gaze shifted, to and fro (from both of the deceased bodies lying in the front seats) until she found what she was looking for, the small and strained heartbeat of a newborn child.

The young babe (less than a month old if she would have guessed) was in the backseat of the car, secured safely in its car seat. She slowly approached, body sliding this way and that until she was directly in front of his dangling form. Then, with gentle precision Sakura grasped the car seat's straps between sharp canines and pulled; hard. With a few well-timed yanks they broke free, the young child tumbling into her awaiting jaws.

She clamped onto the front of his clothing carefully before slowly back out of the broken wreckage surrounding them. When she emerged into the open night air once again, the low sounds of twigs snapping could be heard behind her.

She twisted her head slowly, a deep growl of warning upon her lips and a tiny snarl as she scented the air. Vampires. Lots of them.

She carefully made her way through the broken pieces of debris and when she finally landed on the soft blanket of snow with her torn paws, a young man appeared from the surrounding bushes. Her ears twitched, her nose twisted, and her tail almost began to wag. She knew this creature of the night, all too well.

It was Sasuke Uchiha, her fated mate.

The vampire stepped closer to her, his black and red eyes surveying their surroundings before landing on her and the babe in her jaws once more. Her head lowered slightly; her body still fully tensed up as she sensed the others hidden in the dark depths of the shadows. Her eyes were shifting and she was readying herself for an attack. Until—

"Sakura...," her mate whispered, his voice harsh and deep while he reached his hand out towards her. "I... I can take it from here. Go now, before someone else sees you." The implications weren't left for her to wonder what he meant by this. Sakura knew, firsthand, what his kind would do to her if they found her... and somehow managed to capture her.

After the experiments and the torture... they would simply dispose of her. Just like they did with her mother... and her brother as he had fought so desperately to save her.

The she-wolf whimpered, knowing full well what he meant. She shouldn't be here. She was only passing through. But when she saw the car crash, she just had to act, no matter what the consequences to herself might be. Sakura waited until Sasuke was close enough to her before she released the tiny infant into his awaiting arms... then she gave him one final longing look before racing into the trees and out of sight, missing the forlorn expression on her poor lover's handsome face as he watched her slip into the trees and out of sight... not once looking back.

A lone howl could be heard in the distance moments later; the sound from the she-wolf, the sound of a young wolf in love with a broken heart.