Betrayed by Who: Part 1

He was betrayed, but betrayed by who?

A sasusaku short story told in a few parts. This is part 1 and centers a little more around Itachi and Sasuke than Sasuke and Sakura, but I promise as it goes, it will lean more towards them. Warlock Sasuke and witch Sakura.

(I used google to help me figure out Latin "phrases", so if they are WAY wrong, please forgive me as I know ZERO Latin! It's just something different that I wanted to try! I will not make them speak strictly in Latin for all of the parts!🙏)

.
.
.

The tingling he felt in his fingertips would not disperse, the influx of magic nearly tangible even on his own tongue; but the fact that he was harnessing powers from an unnamed, poor, and defenseless mage did little to persuade him from taking what wasn't rightfully his; little to dissuade him from doing so by whatever means he deemed necessary.

He didn't give a damn that the young witch would die by the end of the "ceremony".

He didn't give a damn that another was lined up to take the deceased place.

All cared about was power and gaining lots of it in order to defeat the most powerful warlock that the world has ever known; that he had ever known.

His own flesh and blood.
His own brother.

Itachi Uchiha.

When the warlock's victim ceased all signs of life, going limp and cold beneath his touch, he turned to his mostly loyal follower (a red-head witchling eager for his approval) and said—

"Another."

.
.
.

It was a cold, dreary night when he set out on his quest to kill his own brother. The rain pelted his thick coat, beading up on the leathery-black surface for a brief moment before making a downward descent to the dirt path below; a path well-worn and well-traversed that sadly he had more fond memories of than not. Being forcefully removed from his beloved family home had hurt him almost as much as his brother's betrayal.

He stormed the castle gates, easily disarming his brother's faithful guards, and he thought he was in the clear, until he stumbled across her.

Walls crumbled in her wake, a green glowing fist jutted out in front of her as her only weapon, the same brilliant shade as her eyes... he noted, while long rosy-pink braids flowed casually in the wind down her back. The sorcerer silently marveled at her tenacity as she easily maneuvered around his followers (almost dancing amongst them) as she took them out... one by one; leaving only she and he alone in a matter of seconds. They stood facing one another, his face a mask of stoic, masked tranquility, while hers was twisted into a deep grimace. With her fists still glowing, she took a menacing step towards him.

"I don't know what you thought you were doing here...but I suggest you leave now... while you still have some form of dignity intact." He thought to laugh at the audacity... at the balls on this woman... but refrained. Did she not recognize him; was he so quickly forgotten??? "I know who you are," she intoned, as if somehow reading his thoughts. "But your brother does not wish to see you, so leave."

Her voice had sent a pleasant thrill down his spine, but at the mention of his brother... his demeanor quickly shifted and the aura surrounding their meeting grew darker as his anger was triggered. Any normal spell caster would cower in fear of it, of him, but this young witch didn't even appear remotely fazed by him and simply lifted a brow as he took a step towards her. "You will go and fetch my brother now or you will be incapacitated like the rest of your friends. I'm not in the mood for games, young witchling. My quail is not with you... but I will not hesitate to deal with you first, if the need to do so should arise."