Don't Kiss and Tell

Sakura kissed a stranger on the train on a stupid dare.

She thought that would be the end of it, until she realized that the so-called 'stranger' she had kissed was in fact her boss's younger brother, Sasuke Uchiha.

A sasusaku AU snippet. Slight 18+ due to language.

.
.
.

Tires tumbled as the train raced down the midnight tram; her semi-glazed focus on the tall figure sat opposite her.

Her best friend nudged her side with her elbow and when Sakura looked at her, she wiggled her brows suggestively. "Do it already! Hurry the fuck up will you... or you lose the bet, forehead."

Sakura bit her bottom lip and then sighed, allowing alcohol to enforce her carelessly thought-out decision rather than her usual logical reasoning. "Fine, pig."

She stood (swaying slightly) and closed the minute space between them. It was now or never... and she wasn't one to back down from a challenge. She just hoped she didn't come to regret this in the morning.

The mysterious stranger lifted his head, dark eyes meeting hers curiously and she swallowed past the nerves clogging her airway. Sakura took a deep breath, grasped his face in her sweaty palms firmly before bending down at the waist.

Then— she kissed him.

The next morning...

"Ugh, my head...," Sakura moaned before tossing her arm over her blurry eyes to shield them both from the morning light streaming in through a small crack in her curtains. It took several minutes before she was able to drag herself into a sitting position... though her head continued to spin nauseatingly and she placed a palm against her clammy forehead to try and ease a little of her discomfort. "W-what happened last night?"

As if to respond immediately to her inquiry, her cell phone began to vibrate on her bedside table... indicative of an incoming text. She blinked the blurriness from her eyes, but the haze in her brain still remained as she reached for the now silent device. After unlocking it, she clicked on her unopened messages and her viridescent eyes went wide with astonishment. There on the screen was a text from her best friend. The message read, fun night last night. We should do it again soon. But what caught her eye the most, was the photo attached to it.

It was taken without her knowledge (at a slightly awkward perspective) and showed the bewildered expression on the handsome stranger's face as she practically suffocated him with her lips. Her right hand flew to her mouth as she enlarged it, noting the way he had placed his hands on her biceps... as if to push her away. She had no recollection of what happened after the unwanted lip-lock... and she was secretly thankful for that. Though she had an inkling that if Ino knew about it, she was sure to find out sooner or later.

'God...,' she thought as she locked her phone and placed it on the mattress beside her. Her fingers pressed on her throbbing temples and she sighed as she closed her eyes. 'I need a drink. Note to self... DO NOT go drinking with Ino anymore, it's not worth it.' After another minute, she got up to make herself some coffee... hoping that today would go by smoothly and she could get rid of this hangover before work tomorrow.

The following day...

"Sorry I'm late, Mr. Uchiha," Sakura said as she rushed to bring him his coffee. "Traffic was a nightmare and the line for coffee was extra-long today." He dismissed her apology with a disinterested wave of his hand; his focus elsewhere.

"It's alright, Miss Haruno. Nothing to worry about."

She smiled sheepishly (despite herself) and took her place next to his side. Sakura opened her notes and brought out several pens, ready for this morning's meeting. A few quiet moments passed before a soft knock could be heard at the meeting room's door.

"Come in," Itachi called over his shoulder and a tall figure entered the room. "Miss Haruno, I would like to introduce you to my brother, Sasuke. He will be brought on for this project and work closely with us over the next few months. Please be sure to make him feel welcome."

"Yes, sir."

Sakura stood to address the young man, but her emerald eyes grew wide and her mouth dropped open at the sight of him. The small tick of his lips was the only indicator that he had recognized her as well. With a slightly shaky hand, the pinkette reached out to shake his in a warm greeting... though her expression refused to change from one of utter shock. "It's nice to meet you, Mr. Uchiha," she managed to utter and was stunned when he pulled her closer to him by the hand, refusing to let go. He bent down to her level and his smirk only grew, causing her poor stomach to twist with anxiety. 'Will he say something or—'

"It's nice to see you again... Miss Haruno. I can't wait to work closely with you on this project. I hope that our time together will be pleasant."

Sakura swallowed nervously before shying away from his intense stare. She took her usual seat once more and was annoyed when Sasuke took the one right next to her.

'Shit, this is going to be a long ass day.'