Death Song: Part 3 🔞

Anything goes in war. Only the strong survive.

Pirate Sasuke and Siren Sakura AU snippet. (Possibly the final installment of "Death Song"; told in both perspectives. I hope you've enjoyed this three-part series!)

*WARNING: HAS DARK THEMES/SCENES, BLOOD, & GORE WITH PROBABLY CURSING. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.*

.
.
.

Sasuke

"STEADY AS SHE GOES...," he screamed above the roar of the storm as his trusted Kusanagi sliced into the flesh of yet another creature who dared to get too close. The howl of pain that followed fueled his eagerness, and he brought it back up quickly to swipe across the siren's chest as she jerked away from him... the move completely severing one of her nipples from her breast. Sasuke could care less for the gender of these foul creatures; they were all vermin in his eyes and completely disposable.

Revenge saw no distinction.

Noone was safe.

No life was spared.

His second in command, a young pirate with spiky blonde hair and blue eyes, looked over his shoulders at him with a crinkled smirk spread across his lips. 'Naruto seems to be enjoying this as well,' the Captain thought to himself as he brought his sword down upon another victim. He watched as his best friend took down an unkempt looking siren with wild, ruby-red eyes who shrieked in agony before plopping onto their deck; lifeless. "This isn't so bad, eh Captain."

"Aye. Watch your booty, idiot."

The blonde jerked out of the way of another knife as it was thrown directly at his head and laughed in merriment as he turned his attention back to the battle.

The war raged on.

Men and women alike fell before a sudden and sharp stab of pain shot straight through his gut, indicating that he had let his guard down, just enough, to be impaled by a sword. He turned his head around to witness the wide smirk of an older siren as she twisted the weapon deeper into his back and straight through to the other side. He grimaced in pain as she jerked it back, before he fell to his knees.

"Gotcha," she chimed, almost purring the word as if it was spoken to a lover, rather than an enemy of war...before an evil cackling laugh spilled from her lips. Sasuke gasped for air and looked up as his hands cupped his wound from the front as his first hand charged forward towards them; eyes brimming with a fear that Sasuke had never been witness to.

"SASUKE!!! NO! ARGH!!!" The loud battle cry was fueled by his emotional turmoil and Naruto's sword came down; with a swiftness he had never seen before, but not swiftly enough. The siren easily dodged before disappearing over the side of their ship, while Naruto scrambled to Sasuke's side where the Uchiha had just collapsed onto the wooden deck seconds prior due to exhaustion from blood loss... a puddle of which was quickly forming beneath him.

Naruto's hands flew to the wound and he pressed down on it, fear crippling him at his best friend's dire state. However, he refused to believe that all hope was completely lost and began to search around them frantically to see if there was any way of saving him; anything to stop the gaping wound. Any way to prevent Sasuke from bleeding out on the deck of his very own ship.

The Captain on the other hand had grown numb... and the sensations of Naruto's hands pressing down on his wound felt like nothing more than a small pressure on his torso. It felt as if he was almost floating out of his own body and his vision began to distort and blur; so much so, that he began to hallucinate that the siren from before... the one with the striking pink hair and green eyes... was on deck with them now; her soft hands glowing an iridescent green, while her hands had suddenly replaced his best friends.