Loyalty Undone

Enemy turned protector as those once loyal turned on him.

Witchling Sakura & her 'capture-turned-protector' vampire Sasuke. AU short snippet.

.
.
.

Adrenaline fueled her decisions; her blood flowing through her veins like a river flows through the mountains; her legs and arms aching from the extra effort she exerted to push herself to her absolute limit.

But no matter how hard she tried, the footsteps behind her were steadily gaining traction; nearing her to the point her breath nearly stopped as the air behind her grew still and heavy with the darkness surrounding her capture's lackey.

She felt the pit in her stomach grow tenfold as a lone hand reached out for her from the shadows ahead; dragging her behind one of the nearby buildings, and slamming her with such force against it that the scream of terror in her throat became completely nonexistent... lodge at the top of it just as another hand clamped over her mouth to silence any of her protesting.

She was pinned; her hands reaching up to latch onto the wrists of the person holding her hostage, and she closed them tightly... her grip strong, causing the being to hiss in pain. "Stop it," a deep, low whisper reached her ears from the lips now pressing against her left one and she felt her eyes widen in shock as she began to recognize who was holding her. But it couldn't be, could it? It made no sense. These were his men chasing her, weren't they? "I'm going to help you, but you can't scream." The loud footsteps had grown near. "I'm sorry about this, but everything has been compromised."

He gave her zero time to react, before he twisted her head to the side and sank his fangs into her neck. She expected pain— however, that certainly wasn't the case. She felt... alive. Sakura's vibrant greens slowly fluttered closed at his first suckle, her essence flowing between them just as the footsteps stopped. She let out a soft, muffled moan behind his hand and pressed her body closer to him just as heavy breathing sounded behind them.

"B-boss?! I-I thought you w-were staying behi—"

He let go of her neck with a loud and sloppy pop. It sent a thrill-inducing shiver down her spine, but he didn't remove his hand from her as he tilted his head slightly to look over his right shoulder at the out-of-breath newcomer. "I've got her. Go and find the others. NOW," he growled and Sakura could only assume that it was because the beginning of a protest was on the lackey's tongue.

As soon as the sounds of the other man's footsteps had receded, he released his grip on her slightly, and when his hand was removed from her mouth she gasped deeply for a breath of fresh air... her eyes snapping open to find him looking down at her curiously. The sight of her freshly spilt blood dripping down to his chin from the corners of his lips sent another (this time unpleasant) shiver down her spine. Her brows narrowed at him, but she refused to lift a single finger to cover her open wound; unwilling to appear scared or weak in front of him. "W-what did you do to me? W-what was all of tha—"

"Come, pet," he hissed, his eyes darkening as he reached for her hand and began to drag her down the alleyway at a pace that was almost too quick for her; the witchling had to physically jog in order to keep up with his long strides. "It's not safe here anymore. More of them will come for us. We will talk about it soon."

Sasuke dragged her to a black sports car of some sort and forcefully shoved her into the passenger side before swiftly making his way over to the drivers. He'd barely even given her enough time to buckle her seat belt before taking off... away from the only home she had ever known and into the darkness of the night; where the young witch's very future still remained uncertain.