Estranged from the Duke

When tragedy strikes, lives will never be the same.

An "arranged marriage" era style sasusaku AU. A lot of my snippets I can visualize turning into stories; and this one is no exception.

.
.
.

"I-I'm sorry, Father. I can't go through with it. I—"

SLAP!

The stinging from his hand connecting with my face was masked only by my shock from the actual slap itself as I turned my head back around to look at my Father; my white gloved hand covering the left side of my face that was stinging from my father's touch. His hands were clenched at his sides as he gazed down at me with pure disgust and resentment.

"You will do as I say, child. It's a woman's place to behave and obey the man of the house. You will be married to the youngest Duke of Konoha, and that's the end of it. Now get out of my sight."

With tears streaming down my cheeks and a heavy heart, I fled from my childhood home, finding refuge in the one place that I felt most at peace; the woods behind my family's estate.

I slumped onto a large boulder, the sorrow of today weighing heavily on my shoulders and my "proper posture" sagged under the onslaught of emotions that sent me into a spiraling emotional wreck.

I was being forced to marry a man that I didn't love; a man that I hadn't seen in years; a man that I have heard so many hateful and terrifying rumors about.

Uchiha Sasuke, the youngest duke of Konoha, was no man I wanted to marry. I had to find a way to free myself from this awful tragedy. A small hawk flew by just as a thought came to my mind.

My tears dried up almost as quickly as they came, my hands falling from my eyes as I straightened my spine. My lips set into a thin line, and my viridescent eyes turned from sorrowful to fiery; consumed by an almost unrecognizable determination.

I knew now what I had to do. With my mind made up, I began to plot my path to freedom.