Life and Death

Snippet based on this image:

Sasuke is death & Sakura is life

Sasuke is death & Sakura is life. A sasusaku AU snippet.

.
.
.

Sasuke stood across from her cloaked in the shadows and she tilted her head to the side as she met his gaze without fear; probably one of the very few beings who could do so with zero repercussions from the King of darkness himself.

The star-crossed lovers had been forced apart by the fates and their very own kin; forced to live in a perpetual solitude of heartbreak... forced to see each other on a daily basis, but unable to ever meet again.

The goddess of life lifted her fist outward towards the god of death (her skin practically glowing) and he followed the movement with his dark, mismatched irises before meeting hers once more—

The emotions between them were suffocatingly thick with tension and despair.  "I come bearing gifts once more, my love."

Her throat tightened as he moved to step forward, the lone cane in his left hand extending the space between them by a millimeter. She wished for nothing more than to hold him, to kiss him, but tears welled in the corner of her eyes when the invisible bindings holding her in place stiffened, a very real and harsh reminder of their inescapable predicament.

He saw this and his harsh expression softened marginally; Sakura being the only witness to this side of her "elusive and mysterious" companion. His own hand outstretched, a misty-like vapor of billowing smoke snaking across his skin to span the space between them, until it reached midway.

"Do not fear, my beloved. I will keep it safe; with the other ones."

Sakura nodded her head, the beads on her brow jingling in the silence between them as she opened her palm to allow a soft, green haze to slip between her fingers. The soul of the dearly departed transitioned smoothly between the two as usual and when it was over, they simply stared at each other for some time; so many emotions of want and desire passed silently between with just that simple look.

'So many words left unspoken, yet so many words passed between them.'

"Same time tomorrow, my love?" Sakura couldn't hide the hope in her voice nor the waver in her throat from emotion constricting it. The goddess felt her palms begin to sweat and her body quiver as his gaze intensified.

Sasuke retracted his hands and took a step back, shadow consuming his towering stature, but his deep voice carried the large space between them and she closed her eyes on a soft and breathy sigh as she allowed it to wash over her, before disappearing into a cloud of light.

"Always, my beloved."

... and so it was until the end of time... a perpetual loop of endless longing and sorrow... brought forth by two broken hearts and a fate worse than even death itself.

.
.
.

Author's Notes:

If any of these sound like your own writing or another you have read I apologize but I didn't copy anyone's work. This is entirely my own writing.

(I'm sure someone has done something similar...)