Drinks with...

Drinks with friends turned into a trip down memory lane; a trip that she wished to never take part in again. (Or that's what she told herself anyway.)

A sasusaku AU snippet. Charasuke.
(Sexual tension & maybe implications, but no smut!)

.
.
.

She turned at the feel of a hand on her wrist, stopping the champagne flute from reaching her lips. "Haven't you had enough," his deep baritone trembled as rich and velvety as it had always been. Sakura missed it; she missed him, but there was no way in hell that she would ever admit it... not unless she was extremely drunk, which she wasn't. 'Yet.'

So instead, she lowered her thick lashes, gaze narrowing while she watched him lick his lips. "Haven't you, Sasuke," she mocked him... practically spitting the words right back at him. Sasuke flinched, the act barely noticeable, but then a soft smile lifted his lips as he cocked his head slightly to the side. Ordinarily the pink-haired would have swooned at the gesture, but not today.

"Don't be like that, Kitten."

"Don't you have a date to get back to. I'm sure she's dying to leave— I mean normally you're already gone before the first round of drinks are distributed." Her tone was clipped, and unfriendly, but he didn't seem the least bit deterred by it. Sasuke reached around her with his free arm and easily snatched the glass from her hand... causing her to angrily (and very unladylike) snort. "I wasn't done with that...," she growled, snatching her left wrist away from him and leaned back in her seat; an attempt to regain much needed space between them. Her viridescent eyes darkened when in one swift motion he then downed the drink right in front of her. "Asshole," she hissed, turning to flag down the bartender.

"I don't think so," Sasuke murmured, and quickly snatched her off of her stool, before she could even blink... with her hanging over his right shoulder as easily as he would carry a sack of potatoes. "HEY," she screamed, pounding on his back with tiny fists. "Put me down," but he ignored her, as did most of the other locals in the bar; seemingly oblivious to her plight.

She noticed a few familiar faces, and felt her cheeks flush with embarrassment, but none of her "friends" came to her aid... they never did. Deeming the couples 'squabbles' as simple lover quarrels and she supposed that was accurate since they normally had makeup sex directly after. She felt woozy when he finally slid her from over his shoulder, and quickly brushed her knee-length, red dress down back into place. Sasuke helped to stabilize her by the elbow... when she swayed and maneuvered her against one of the walls of the bar; trapping her between his arms. "Go back inside, Sasuke. Today's fling is inside waiting for you."

"I don't want to be here with her, Kitten. Naruto set me up. He thought it might help me get over you." He leaned in, a warm breath fluttering across her skin. "None of them ever help me get over you. I'm in love with you, my Kitten. Why can't you see that?" She wanted to, god did she want to—

"What about Aimi?"

"I dated her to make you jealous."

"And Hotaru?"

"Irrelevant. Same thing. Mother's idea. She meant well."

He leaned in, pressing his front against her, and she felt her pulse quicken; his hands moving to wrap around both of her wrists, before sliding up to press her palms against the bricks behind her. 'Damn him!'

She needed to concentrate.

She needed to focus.

She was still mad at him, after all. Right?

"What about Kasumi, Ema, Renho, Sachie, Junko, Chihiro, and Atsuko? Or how about—"

He silenced her with a kiss. At first she protested...nipping his bottom lip hard enough to cause him to bleed... but all he did was hiss, and in retaliation, he deepened their kiss; pressing her back fully flush against the brick wall while his tongue pressed against the hard seam of her lips. Sasuke delved in when she gasped for air, tasting the champagne on her tongue and Sakura let out a frustrated moan before returning it with equal vigor... eliciting a growl from him as she rotates her hips teasingly against him.

"Did they do this to you," she hissed... feeling how hard he was against her abdomen. "Were they as good at sucking your cock as I am? Could they get you off in seconds; just like the last time? Do they ride you... or do you fuck them from behind because you like the way their ass looks... or on their backs, spread wide open for you."

Sakura didn't realize she was crying, until he pulled away, dragging his tongue across her cheek to gently lap up the thin trail running down from her eyes to her chin. "Sakura," he whispered, resting his forehead against hers. "Don't. It isn't like that. I've never— I never had anything with them. We never did anything together. I... was a fucking idiot for letting them tell everyone that we did. I saw how jealous it made you— I-I hoped you would fight for me... fight for us. But you never did. I... I've lost hope that you feel the same way for me as I feel for you. I—"

"Shut up, Sasuke...," she huffed, leaning forward as far as he would allow, pressing her lips tenderly against his own. "If you don't know how I feel by now, then you really are a damned idiot." She felt his lips slowly lift into a wide grin as he tightened his hold on her hands, lifting them slightly and interlocking their fingers.

"I guess I'm an idiot."

"Agreed."

"Will you say it for me, Kitten? Let me hear it come from those pretty lips of yours." Instead she nipped at him and he chuckled before pressing his lips firmly against hers. "I guess I'll have to wait for that."

"You'll be waiting a while."

"Don't worry," he whispered; suddenly, uncharacteristically serious. "I don't mind waiting. Because I would wait for an eternity for you... my Kitten."