Devil's Little Flower

Does good truly triumph over evil?

Nun Sakura; demon/devil (or possessed) Sasuke. A short AU snippet.

.
.
.

Haruno Sakura stood silently before him, her legs shaking with trepidation while the fear encompassed her very soul; her gaze focusing on the kneeling, bound creature with a reluctant acceptance.

This was her new life now.

It was time to get used to it.

Though exercising lost devilish souls was a new challenge she wasn't sure she'd properly prepared for.

Her loose grip on the Bible tightened and the rosary beads jingled against her neck as a shiver ran down her spine at his imposing stature. No matter how she thought about it... this was going to be no easy task. This demon in particular was strong, cunning, clever... and out for blood. She knew that she had a long battle ahead of her. Sakura just hoped she'd be able to face him head-on, and win.

She observed him with caution as she calculated her next move.

His obsidian eyes were wrapped in yellowed bindings, the ends of which were split and hanging down past the tips of his ears. His lips were curled up in a wicked sneer and the chains securing him to the ground on his knees with metal clasps connected to the floor were unyielding in their grip on their captive.

She stood before him, poised but uncertain as her hands continuously shook; one holding the Bible firmly while the other reached for her trusty rosary beads to settle them in the palm of her hand.

She could do this...

She had to.

So why then did she feel so frightened?

Why wasn't she...

Why couldn't she—

Sensing her terror after he took a deep inhale, the demon spawn chuckled. "Your all mighty god sent a delicate little flower to 'rid me of evil' hmm? Well, let me show you just a meager hint of my true power."

"The p-power of Christ compels you! The power of Chr—"

When horns began to sprout on either side of his head, his body growing in size, she swallowed, knowing that without a doubt she was in trouble. With great reservation, Sakura lifted her Bible high and began to recite the Lord's Prayer as wings began to sprout from his back. When she heard the chains snap and a harsh growl pierced the air, Sakura forgot about the exorcism completely.

Dropping her Bible to the ground with a resounding thud, the pink-haired nun turned to run, but all she could do was scream as a pair of strong arms wrapped around her from behind; black wings extending on either side and wrapping her body in a tight cocoon that sent her world of light into a veil of darkness.

Then the world began to spin as he whisked her away into nothingness.