Tranquility

A lazy morning moment with Sasuke and Sakura.

A sasusaku AU snippet. Idea came from "The Notebook" where Allie is sitting outside after being with Noah on his porch, painting. Soft, cute. Budding romance. SHORT.

.
.
.

He stood in the doorway in a pair of loose-fitted shorts, his left side pressed firm against the frame with his arms lazily crossed over his chest.

His lips slanted up at the corners as he gazed at her bare back, pale and unblemished in the bright morning sun as she lifted her hand slightly to brush gentle strokes upon a once blank canvas; the beginning of a beautiful landscape.

Her pink hair was still rumpled from their previous night's activities and a peaceful sleep while one of his thin sheets lay precariously across her lower half; her hair brushed to one side, exposing the multitude of love bites across her neck.

His lips inclined higher when he pushed himself straight and then moved towards her with the silence and grace of a feline. She startled when he wrapped her from behind in a warm embrace, his arms resting across the top of her breasts while his lips pressed softly against her throat; his bangs dangled and tickled her cheeks. "There you are," he mumbled. "You ran off." She giggled, then placed her free hand on the side of his neck affectionately as she leaned back against him, moving her paintbrush back towards her colorful palette.

"I didn't run from you, Sasuke-kun. I told you, we're done with all of that." He didn't respond with words, but instead hummed and then nuzzled against her neck. "Breakfast?"

"Mm..," he kissed her cheek then stood up, pulling her off her stool and dragging her along behind him. "Breakfast."