The Orange Shirt

When Sasuke finds his female roommate walking around their house in another man's shirt, he is not pleased.

A sasusaku AU modern short snippet. Jealous Sasuke. (Random thoughts on this at the end.) It's a bit all over the place, but I hope you still enjoy it.

.
.
.

His lips twist into a scowl as he observes her; silent in his seething, growing irritation as she hums quietly to herself to a tune playing on repeat inside of her mind; flitting away from one mundane task to the other without a care in the world on an otherwise quiet Sunday morning. "Take it off," he finally growls, arms crossed over his chest.

She turns towards the sound of his voice, surprise etched on her face as she holds his stern gaze. She finally pulled her eyes away from him to casually glance at the almost neon bright-orange shirt that was two sizes too big on her, hanging down to about her mid thigh, and shrugged before returning his gaze once again. "It means nothing. It's just a t-shirt, Sasuke," she insists.

Sakura wasn't about to confess that she'd borrowed it from her older brother the last time that she'd returned home for the holidays and simply forgotten to return it to him; finding comfort in having even a little piece of her family (albeit an old, well-work shirt) so far from home. Besides, she sort of liked this broody seemingly jealous side of her roomie, and decided to test her luck.

Given that they'd been dancing around the subject of their feelings for one another for a long while, but neither as of yet had seemed too eager to push the other; but given that there was always a hidden undertone to their "relationship" that suggested things could easily escalate to something further, if one of them would grow the balls to ask the other out, Sakura decided that now was as good of a time as any to finally test the waters.

To dip her manicured toes into the shallow end of the pool so to speak.

His expression however at her casual tone darked and his arms dropped to his sides as he took a step closer. "Take it off, Sakura. Now. Don't make me repeat myself."

She had to fight back a smile and turned fully to face him, her hands placed securely on her hips as she lifted a brow and challenged him with, "What? Do you just expect me to walk around here naked instead, hmm? What will you do, Sasuke, if I don't take it off?"

His eyes are burning with irritation at her show of defiance and she has to fight the urge to draw her lower lip between her teeth as he slowly approaches her. Sasuke then does the unexpected; he takes off his own shirt and tosses it in her direction, leaving his chest bare and his only remaining clothing as a pair of slightly worn, knee-length basketball shorts that were hanging dangerously low on his hips. She stared at him, speechless and stunned; lips slightly parted.

"Put it on, Sakura...," he spoke slowly, taking another step closer, leaving only minimal space between them. "Or I will do it for you."

.
.
.

My random idea/thoughts for this one:

In this, I pictured Naruto and Sakura as brother/sister and Sasuke & Sakura as roommates w/ (not so secret) feelings for one another that both have been too afraid to act on. I see them both as also being around college age maybe. So possibly a bit immature, but still loveable as always. 💗

Just another random idea/thought that I've probably done something similar to already, but where inspiration finally took me. It's been so long since I've written anything. I'm trying to get my love for it back! It's been a tough year. 🫶