The Treasure Hunter and His Familiar

In search of lost riches, Sasuke Uchiha enlist the help of a surprising partner in order to find them; traveling the globe with her when and where they can in order to obtain the most exquisite, rare, and exotic of treasures.

A short Sasusaku snippet. Familiar Sakura and Warlock/ Treasure Hunter Sasuke.

.
.
.

He watched her lithe form move in and out of the shadows as she drew closer to him; his curiosity piqued. With fur as obsidian as coal and movements as fluid and sleek as any jungle cat, the feline could move about relatively unnoticed by most of the general populace in town. If it wasn't for the bright and almost iridescent glow of her emerald eyes, and the jewel-encrusted collar he had made for her as a sign of ownership, he might not be able to notice her agile moves as easily either.

Ruby gems gleamed as the moonlight bounced off of their edges and she easily slipped through the cracked window of the abandoned building he was currently occupying; his back pressed against a nearby wall with one knee bent as his arm rested on it and the other outstretched. She curled herself around his body once in greeting before jumping to a dusty countertop; shaking the water droplets from her fur before sitting down to lick at her damp paws. His eyebrows lifted as he gazed down at the heavy object she'd dropped onto his lap.

Sensing his gaze shift to her, she paused mid-lick and he could have sworn he saw her brows arch as lightning lit up the room momentarily, before shrouding them in darkness once more. A thunderous boom echoed off the walls when he lifted the offering to inspect it further. His hand began to glow an amber-hue as the smallest flicker of a flame grew from the center of his upturned palm.

After twisting the object in all directions, a small smirk lifted the corner of his lips. "I wonder where you found this one," he whispered, his lower tone nearly being swallowed up by another loud crack of thunder.

The petite she-cat made a noise in the back of her throat, almost as if she was sneering at him, before continuing to clean her paws; uninterested in his examination of the tiny (but hefty) trinket any longer. Sasuke rolled his eyes at her attitude and reached over for his bag which was resting on the wall to his left. He placed it gently inside and closed it up before putting his hand, palm side down, on top of it.

He took a deep breath and closed his eyes, drawing on his inner magic in order to help him with a soft incantation that sent the new find to a hidden location; that only he and his little she-cat familiar would be able to find in the future.

When Sasuke opened his eyes again, a deep crimson had replaced onyx and he opened the bag again...withdrawing a map from the depths of it, along with a fresh can of tuna; as a reward for his familiar. She paused in cleaning her fur and jumped down; walking towards him before curling her body around him again as a soft pur rumbled in her chest. He began to scratch her with one hand while opening the can with the other before placing it beside him.

Once she was occupied, he unfolded the map and placed it in front of him on the ground; the same glow from before emanating from his right palm this time as he held it above the geographical depiction. His flaming gaze scanned it carefully, taking notes and marking certain places that they still hadn't searched before placing a finger at their current location.

"Now...," he wondered aloud, brows drawn down slightly. "Where shall we go to next?"