His Past Reincarnated: Part 1

Indra is pulled into a portal & transported to modern times. How will he cope with things when he runs across a rather familiar looking face?

A sasusaku AU one-shot. Time travel. Sasuke's past self.

.
.
.

Blood dripped from the man's eyes as an encompassing pain twisted like a noose around his heart, his eyes drawn to the prone figure of his wife... as she lay dead at his feet. The rounded hilt of his katana was heavy against his palm as he clenched his fist around it more firmly and if he was any lesser of a man, Indra would have been crying. He still couldn't believe it, his beloved was now dead and it was all because of... him. He had been betrayed tonight by those he had once called kin and the feeling of exacting revenge on them, felt heavy upon his shoulders. The time to grieve his loss would soon come, but for now—

"ASURA!!! You fucking bastard! I am going to kill you! I will cut you down for this, you traitorous snake!!!"

Huff. Hiss. Clink.

With his sword now drawn, Indra let out one final battle cry in a fit of absolute fury; his darkened gaze narrowed on his 'once brother' as the sunlight cast a glare upon his katana. Asura looked at him with a mixture of sorrow and irritation as he drew his own blade and faced the furious rage from his kinsman.

When metal clashed against metal, a low humming could be heard in the near distance, before a blinding white light formed between the pair; then Indra Otsutsuki was thrown backwards as a strange sort of black void formed around him; then it slowly consumed his form, throwing him into a perpetual darkness as he tumbled through space and time itself before landing roughly on the ground in an unknown place.

The last thing that he remembered was staring up into the bright blue sky above before darkness pulled him under.

'Sakuya, my beloved. Looks like I will be joining you soon.'

.
.
.

Sakura hustled along the busy streets of Konohagakure as her long, white lab coat billowed behind her legs, while her short heels clacked obstreperously against the rutted, dirty asphalt beneath her feet. She was running late (yet again) and cursed her luck... for if it hadn't been for her perturbed landlord harassing her for last month's rent (as she tried to hastily escape him on the apartment's rickety stairs again), she would have been at work on time. 'Tsunade is going to kill me,' the pinkette thought as she finally shoved her way through the doors of their local hospital.

Sakura ignored the female receptionist's ritualistic greeting upon her arrival and made her way down the hall in a brisk fashion. But when she entered Tsunade's office, the older woman was already giving her a stern glare, which caused Sakura to glance down at her feet in shame. She clutched the clipboard against her chest more firmly, before bowing her head. "I'm so sorry I'm late today, ma'am."

The young woman waited and felt her heart twist when her beloved mentor let out a deep, and obviously disappointed sigh. She could hear the sounds of slight shuffling after as the blonde-haired doctor rose from her position at her desk and then heavy footsteps followed as she approached her from across the room. She kept her head and gaze firmly downward as the Senju spoke. "Does being on time mean nothing to you anymore, Sakura? Does this internship not interest you at all?" At this, the pinkette's head shot up and her eyes bulged as she shook her head profusely.

"No, ma'am! I mean being on time is important to me and I want this internship more than anything in the world! I beg of you to give me another chance, please."