One Drunken Night

One drunken night changes so much between them.

A sasusaku snippet. Might turn this one into a socmed... that's why it's so short!

.
.
.

Sasuke had no idea what happened.

All he remembered was they drank a few too many beers at the local pub they were currently visiting, he slipped (or was shoved— his mind was still a little hazy on that detail) and then he found himself on top of his companion... with his frame pressing heavily down on her, pinning her to the dirt-crusted, beer-stained floor.

Bright emerald eyes blinked up at him in surprise while her hands rested gently against his chest, tucked up securely between them, while his larger ones rested on either side of her head. A rich scarlet hue began to rise from the base of his exposed collar and he quickly apologized, though he was slow to rise— either from the alcohol fogging his brain or by how shockingly effortless her body molded to his and how utterly good it felt to have her beneath him; at the time he couldn't really be sure which.

After he found his footing, he bent at the waist and offered his friend a hand, which she readily took. 'Has she always been so light,' he thought as he pulled her to her unsteady feet. Sakura swayed a little bit and held onto his biceps for support, but smiled up at him and thanked him regardless; almost shyly. He unconsciously leaned closer to her.

"Are you okay?"

"... yeah, I think so. But... I—"

"Let's go...," he insisted while wrapping an arm around her waist. Sakura didn't need to tell him that she was ready to leave, he could read her like an open book. After hobbling and stumbling their way through the throng of patrons, he hailed a cab and helped her inside before sliding in next to her. They settled heavily into their seats and Sasuke gave the cabdriver the address, before they took off through the dimly lit streets of Suna.

On the ride to their hotel room, with Sakura's head resting on his shoulder and her right hand tucked loosely in his left one... the Uchiha felt as if this could maybe be the start to something more. He let out a sigh and rested his cheek on top of her head before closing his eyes.

That is, if they could even remember this moment after the haze of alcohol left their systems the following morning.