🔞 Chosen not Fated 🔞

Sasuke doesn't want to admit that he was a rejected mate. I mean who has ever heard of an alpha wolf being rejected before? But the heart works in mysterious ways and when he meets another rejected omega wolf, who's beauty rivals that of his fated mates... the pair act on impulse and mate. Then, the next morning after a restful sleep next to his new bride, his fated mate comes crawling back to him, begging him to take her back. Too bad it's too little, too late; for his wolf has already chosen another.

A werewolf au!

.
.
.

Sasuke was in a funk that evening, downing one beer after another as he sulked in the shadows next to his best friend and beta. But the Uzumaki wasn't about to let him sink any lower into depression as he placed his left arm around his friend's shoulders, missing the downward turn of Sasuke's lips as he gave him a harsh squeeze. "Listen dude, it's not that bad. She was a damn slut anyway." The Alpha shoved the intoxicated wolf away from him harshly with a scowl on his lips.

"Watch your tone, beta."

Naruto lifted his hands in a surrendering gesture, but his mouth continued to move on its own accord. "Hey, it's not my fault that she was caught fucking the ENTIRE security team and the perimeter guy, man. Besides, I know you can do way better than her. She isn't even worthy of your time or energy. In fact, I could try to set you up with my cous—"

"No." The alpha shoved his wooden chair away from their table roughly (nearly toppling it over) and grumbled under his breath as he turned his back and made his way to the bar's counter, ready for a much stronger drink.

He had been waiting for his beverage all of three minutes when he smelt it, a scent so sweet it nearly caused him to cover his nose in revulsion; and the next thing he knew, a young female wolf had sidled up to him, pressing her front against his left arm as she eyed him hungrily. It took every ounce of control he had not to shove her away from him as his nails bit into the countertop and his jaw clenched tightly shut. "Get away from me," he growled, but the girl seemed to not sense the danger she was in as she giggled girlishly and wrapped her arm around his.

"Don't you want to take me home? I saw you looking at me earlier."

'When? Who is this bitch?'

"I would never look at you... unless forced to do so. Now... go away." His words seemed to have zero effect on the girl and Sasuke was about to give in to his earlier instincts and shove her away when another scent hit him. This one was more flowery and sweet, but not as revolting. In fact, he found himself stirring as he turned his head to see another she-wolf sauntering towards them.

Her beauty struck him mute as she eyed him closely and her vibrant pink hair swayed against her back where it was pulled into a loose braid. When she stopped, she placed a hand on her hip and gave the woman a stern look. "Come on, Mai... this is just sad. The guy clearly wants nothing to do with you... so why don't you just move along now." Her voice did things to him, but he had little time to react when the girl (Mai) released her grip on him and took a decisive and defensive step closer to the newcomer.

"Don't stick your nose where it doesn't belong, mutt." This insult caused the pinkette to chuckle and her green eyes shined with both mirth and something else that he couldn't quite place. She took a large step forward and he saw the other girl pause in her strides, her right leg shaking slightly.

'Hmm, interesting.'

"You might be 'higher-ranking' than me, but we both know who would win in a fight, Mai." Her eyes flashed and there was a small, slight tilting of the other girl's neck... inclining her head in surprise submission to the young pinkette who grinned wickedly at this show of cowardice. "I told you so," she growled. "Now, leave." She didn't have time to repeat herself as Mai walked away in an angry huff, only to sidle up to another wolf just mere seconds later, as if nothing had happened.