Rejected Mate - Part 1

He wished to bed me just a few days before it happened... whispering sweet little lies in my ear, only to reject me two days later, to choose another.

A sasusaku werewolf/lycan AU snippet.

.
.
.

The heat of his body pressed against hers... pushing her firmly into the mattress beneath and he whispered sweet nothings into her ear, his sharp nails raking down her only half-dressed frame while he sucked on the flesh upon her delicate throat.

"W-wait...," she hissed, teeth clamping as she unwillingly pushed him away from her to look into his eyes. "We can't do this. Not right now. W-wait until the ceremony."

He sighed and ran his tongue over his lips. "You are such a tease, you know that, baby. It should be illegal to smell and look that good." She giggled at his tone and pushed him away, reluctantly he allowed it before raking his hands through his sandy-blonde hair.

"Two more days and then we will be together, forever." He turned away from her on the mattress and she completely missed the pained expression that passed across his face.

"Yeah... two days."

If only she had known then what she knew now. The pain he would put them through... and the humiliation at being rejected by your own fated mate was a million times worse than even death itself.

"HELLO? Earth to Sakura! Are you in there?" The pinkette shook her head slowly to help clear it of her painful, past memories and turned to her best friend who was looking at her with such concern in her eyes, that it caused Sakura's heart to clog in her throat. "Are you..."

"I'm fine. Don't worry. It's still hard for me though you know to see them together." As if she needed to emphasize her point to Ino, she turned in her seat to gaze longingly at the couple across from them. There her mate sat, with another woman on his knee, laughing away with his friends as if he hadn't a single care in the world. Sakura cringed when the other she-wolf placed a delicate, bony hand on her fated's chin to pull his head towards hers... and turned completely away from them before their lips could meet.

"He is such a fucking asshole!!! How can he reject you like that!?! Who in the hell does he think he is!?!"

Sakura sighed and placed her hands on her chin. "He's an alpha, Ino. They have expectations. There are laws... and I'm just an omega in the pack. I'm just a nobody."

"You are not a fucking nobody, Sakura! Don't you ever look down on yourself like that." Ino's lips twisted and she held her fist up in the air. "We should just form our own pack." It took Sakura a second to decipher what her best friend had said and when she did, she actually laughed.

"That's ridiculous. We can't go rogue."

Ino rolled her eyes before leaning across the table. "I didn't mean going rogue. How do you think other wolf packs are made, Sak?" Her eyes widened at the implication and she lowered her voice significantly.

"Do you mean—"

Ino nodded with a small smirk growing on her lips. "You have more people on your side than you think. Most of us aren't happy with the alpha's decision. Even some of the elders are displeased, like Lady Tsunade." Sakura's eyes bulged then at the mention of the Senju matriarch.

"Even some like her? But... why?"

"It's not just your life that he is affecting, you know. By him rejecting you... it means that our pack won't be as strong as it could have been... as it should have been. Because he chose to mate one that isn't his fated, things will begin to spiral. It will affect him slowly... both in body and mind. Then, we as a whole become vulnerable... to outsiders. A new alpha would be established and he would, well be..."