Asylum 🔞

For five long years she had been stuck here, what did they expect?

A sasusaku au snippet. 18+ for gore and violence. Insane Sakura & her partner-in-crime (he actually groomed her) Sasuke. This one's short, but I hope you understand the concept I was going for. ;)

.
.
.

Blood oozed from her cracked knuckles continuously while the adolescent female stared down her nose blankly at the newly procured (barely recognizable) corpses lying lifeless near her bare, filth-stained feet. Her v-neck, 'creamy' dress was tattered and hung precariously from her scrawny, pale shoulder blades and her petal-pink locks were in disarray, but she ignored that as well as a tall figure approached her from the shadows. Sakura allowed a small smile to tug her cracked lips upwards when he stopped in front of her and reached a single hand up to brush a speck of drying blood from her left cheek with his thumb.

His face remained expressionless as she leaned into him. "D-did I do well today? D-did I please you, Sasuke? Look, I killed them for you... just like you asked me to do." All she had ever wanted to do was please him, so she waited with baited breath for him to respond.

The youngest Uchiha Clan member looked deeply into her eyes for a long time before taking in her appearance and the deceased staff members. He let out a deep sigh, but a small smirk could still be seen at the corner of his mouth. "I think you did pretty good, kid. Now let's get out of here."

"Did you get the keys then?"

Instead of responding he lifted them to dangle noisily from his index finger, his smirk growing. Sakura let out a squeal of excitement and threw both of her arms around his neck before giving him a quick kiss on the corner of his mouth.

He wrapped his arm around her and dragged her down the dimly-lit hall past the other patient's rooms and through the double-wide doors at the end of the corridor. As he placed his hand on the handle, he met her gaze once again. "Are you ready for a new life, kid? Far, far away from this damn insane asylum?"

Her eyes held his and he noticed something shift in them, something that hadn't been there before... back when they first met, those many months ago... back when she was a lost little kid, looking for someone to love her and show her the way to a better life. She removed herself from his arms and he was about to say something when she grasped his larger hands with her own. "I-I wouldn't be standing beside you... I w-wouldn't have followed through with our plans to escape if I w-wasn't ready for this, Sasuke-kun." And there it was, that affectionate suffix Sakura had recently decided to plaster onto the end of his name... that Sasuke secretly adored.

'Hmm. I'm glad, kid.'

He only nodded once before shoving the metal barricade to the side; then he dragged her into the sunshine beyond.