Rejected Mate - Part 2

He wished to bed me just a few days before it happened... whispering sweet little lies in my ear, only to reject me two days later, to choose another.

A sasusaku werewolf/lycan AU snippet.

.
.
.

Sakura was carried for a good twenty minutes before she was taken up the steps of a large mansion; she could only assume that it was the pack house. Most of the occupants ignored them, but some gave her strange looks; a mixture of 'what the fuck is that' and 'look what the cat dragged in now'. Disgust and displeasure were clearly evident on all of the female pack member's faces that they passed, while a majority of the male's looked almost amused at her plight.

She wiggled in the lycan's jaws, but he only tightened his grip on her with a warning growl, before continuing up an even larger flight of stairs. She huffed in protest, but stilled as he carried her further into the house's interior... turning down several different hallways before they came across a large wooden door at the end of a narrow passage.

He lifted a paw and used his claws to scratch at the wood. Sakura heard some brief shuffling behind it before it slowly creaked open and a rather tall man with silver hair stood in front of them. This new lycan shook his head in reprimand at the sight of them and sighed while placing his hands in the front pocket of his pants. "Sasuke, what have you done this time?"

"Let him pass, Kakashi," a deep voice sounded from within and the silver-haired man nodded before stepping to the side, though she didn't miss the twinkling in his visible eye as they passed him. 'Behave...,' she heard Luna speak to her in her mind and inwardly growled.

'Why should I? You didn't.'

'I'm serious, Sakura. I know that you can feel their power too. If you misstep here... they could kill us both.'

'Then why did we feel that "connection" early with this oaf? Who is he to you, Luna?'

A brief pause— '... it's complicated.'

'Of course it is...,' Sakura thought as she sent an image of herself rolling her eyes to the she-wolf but the gesture was ignored as they were finally placed on the ground gently in front of a large fireplace. Sakura growled when he nuzzled against her right side and shook out her fur before looking around the dimly lit room. The she-wolf took quick notice that it appeared to be some sort of office, but her attention was soon drawn to a figure that stepped out from behind a large desk.

The newcomer was almost as tall as the other man from earlier, who stood silently in the background observing her closely. He had long, black hair pulled into a loose ponytail and his eyes matched the onyx-colored pelt of her capture. She growled as he approached and shrank back slightly at the intensity behind his alpha nature, it was more powerful than anything she had come across yet, and her wolf was having a hard time not baring her throat to him as a form of submission. Her only saving grace seemed to be that she was not a member of his pack... so, she technically wasn't obligated to submit to him.

His eyes flashed with amusement at her refusal and a low chuckle escaped his lips. "Where on earth did you find this one, little brother?"

Sakura's throat reverberated more firmly with intent as he approached her and now, she bared her sharp canines at him as a sort of warning... but he ignored her and stopped only a few feet away before bending down to her level. His head cocked to the side as he observed her closely.

She felt uncomfortable under his intense gaze, but refused to be the one to break eye contact first. The large canine beside her moved closer and she finally snapped, coming close to biting his throat if he hadn't leaned away from her reach. This causes the silver-haired man to laugh heartily and the lycan to growl. "Sorry, Sasuke," he apologized, but it didn't quite reach the mirth in his eyes. "Itachi... what will we do," he asked as he addressed the other lycan. Sakura came to the conclusion that he must be the alpha.