RP

Sasuke would never tell his friends about his "dirty little secret" because if they ever found out, he would be the laughing stock of their entire school. Years later, a miracle happens.

A sasusaku AU snippet.

.
.
.

10 years ago...

"Come on, dude, it's Friday."

"I said no, I already have plans. So stop bothering me," the youngest Uchiha grumbled in annoyance at the Uzumaki's persistent whining as he shifted his backpack higher up on his shoulder. "Besides, aren't you and your family leaving for an extended vacation today?" Sasuke watched in silent amusement as Naruto's cerulean eyes widened in startling realization before he slapped a palm over his forehead.

"Shit, I completely forgot about that and now I'm late! Mom is gonna kill me! Let's plan for next weekend, dude. I'll see ya later!" Naruto raced down the hallway and Sasuke just shook his head at him, a small smirk growing on his lips as he headed towards his assigned locker to grab a few of his things before it would be time for his older brother, Itachi to pick him up.

It wasn't that he necessarily minded hanging out with his best friend on a Friday night, but the new game "Sell Your Soul" was coming out today and his parents had told him if he got good grades... they would buy it for him. So, he was more than happy to spend the rest of his weekend playing it in relative peace.

A minute later after retrieving his belongings, he walked to the exit to find his big brother already waiting for him in the parking lot.

A few minutes later...

'So... I can be a swordsman, a demon, a healer, a potions master, a wizard or witch and an animal whisperer, huh...,' Sasuke thought as he leaned against the headboard of his bed. His fingertips tapped repeatedly on the back of his black controller while he bit his bottom lip in contemplation. 'I always go for the obvious choice, either a swordsman, a wizard or a demon... those are easiest to play as. But... I kind of want a challenge... and I've never been a healer... maybe I'll choose that. I've heard they have some hidden abilities as well in this game that make them even stronger than the swordsman and witches.' With his mind made up, Sasuke continued in his selections.

'Pink hair (because I'm tired of black), emerald-green eyes (because they are my favorite color of eyes), also a female (because I always play as a male character, plus there are way more perks for a female healer than a male for some reason)... and I'll name her... hmm, Sakura (because she reminds me of the Sakura trees in mom's garden).'

After selecting every aspect of his character (including the bosom, where he found himself blushing) he realized that he had actually created the "perfect woman". His character was stunningly beautiful and the simulation's eyes seemed to pierce straight into his very soul. Sasuke found himself unable (or unwilling) to look away for a solid three minutes before he finally shook his head to clear it, then clicked on the start button to begin the game. 'Besides...,' he thought as he settled onto his plush mattress more comfortably for the foreseeable future, 'there is no such thing as a "perfect woman". Perfect people, men and women, just don't exist in real life. This is just a simulation... a video game... there is no way someone like this would live in the real world.'

Weeks later...

"Hey, dude... do you wanna go ou—"

"Can't. I'm busy today," Sasuke said as he shut his locker door and began to walk towards the parking lot, right hand stuffed in his pockets while the other held his backpack on his shoulders. Naruto shuffled quickly to catch up with him and nudged his shoulder against him to get his attention.

"You've been busy every day for the last three weeks," he whined and Sasuke rolled his eyes. "What's up with you?"

"Nothing."

"Then why don't you want to hang out anymore?" Sasuke shrugged his shoulders before making his way through the school's double doors and out into the afternoon sunshine. Young lads ran past them eager for the weekend to begin, meanwhile the Uchiha decided to set a steady, but relaxed pace in order to throw off his best friend's inquisitiveness. Being that he was still unwilling to divulge the full truth as to why he didn't particularly want to hang out with Naruto again today, Sasuke decided to answer vaguely.

"I've just been busy, that's all."

His best friend stopped suddenly and grabbed the strap of Sasuke's backpack, jerking him backwards. Sasuke turned with a harsh glare and yanked the strap out of Naruto's left hand. He opened his mouth, ready to give the Uzumaki a piece of his mind when the blonde-headed idiot leaned in, with a wide grin on his lips. It was unnerving for the Uchiha to say the least and he shifted on his feet slightly. "It's that game again... isn't it? The one Itachi told me about. You're completely obsessed with it, Sasuke... or with her I should say."

He could feel the heat growing upward from his collarbone towards his ears... and quickly turned away to try and hide his growing embarrassment. He began to walk again as he spoke, "I really don't know what you're talking about, idiot. Now leave me alone. Like I said before, I'm busy."

"Uh huh, sure."

For some reason, Sasuke knew that Naruto wouldn't let it go that easily, but for now he decided to avoid any further confrontation because he was just ready to get home and get back to playing his game.

He was sitting on his bed once again, back resting against the headboard as he scrolled through the new outfits given to all of the players in a recent update that came just a few hours earlier. One in particular caught his eye (a cute little red and white two-piece that revealed a very small triangle of her navel) and so Sasuke decided to just go with it and a matching headband to pull her hair out of her face. Then, he checked her stats (which were actually all rather high, thanks to his dedication and determination to upgrade her) and also her "weapons" before entering into the game.

Hours passed as he played, his mind mesmerizing at how athletic and strong his creation, Sakura, seemed; even for a simulation. Sasuke felt completely drawn to her for some unknown reason and found himself talking to her when no one else was home...almost as if she would somehow talk back to him if he tried hard enough; but sadly, he knew that would never happen. Because no matter how hard Sasuke wished for it, his beloved 'computer-generated companion' Sakura would always be just a 2D character in a video game and he knew that he would never meet someone as incredible as her in real life.

Present day...

Sasuke Uchiha was sitting in his office, waiting for the next interview to begin, when he heard a soft knock on his door. He hollered for whoever it was to come in; not focusing on them as the door opened and closed before the sounds of women's heels began clacking on the hardwood floor near him as she approached his desk. The CEO of Uchiha Corp shifted some paperwork around in front of him and looked at the name on the manila envelope before acknowledging her for the first time. 'Haruno, huh?'

He slowly looked up as he began to speak. "Have a seat, Miss Haruno. Now, before we beg—"

His mouth suddenly ran dry and he was struck mute as he looked up into a very familiar face, one that he hasn't seen in many years, but still remembered as if it was yesterday; as if he was somehow back in his old room at his parent's old house, when he was a mere teen. The woman smiled sheepishly and tucked a loose strand of cotton-candy pink locks behind her right ear. She sat in the seat across from him and extended her hand towards him.

"I'm so sorry that I'm late. Traffic was a nightmare. Please, sir... let me introduce myself to you properly. My name is Sakura, Sakura Haruno."