Healing Wounds

A SHORT sasusaku blank-period snippet. Idea where sasusaku has a small fight and she heals him anyway.

.
.
.

She tucked the jaggedly ripped end of the bloodied gauze into itself around his torso before placing a firm hand in the center of his chest directly on top of it. An iridescent green- hued glow began to emanate from the center of her palm, and warmth began to flood his bloodstream seconds after. The dark-haired grunted as his torn flesh began to slowly knit itself back together again. "You don't have to heal me, you know."

"Hush," she admonished; irritation colored her tone and he noticed that she had affixed her gaze elsewhere. "I need to concentrate." The lone Uchiha sighed and closed his eyes. Sakura was angry with him, and it was all his fault. Waiting for her to speak again would be pointless so he decided to try a different tactic to get her to acknowledge him.

"I didn't need you to save me back there." Silence. "I had it under control." More silence. "I can take care of myself."

The green glow died almost instantly, and her furious gaze quickly lifted to meet his. Her arms slowly crossed and she cocked her hip to the side... while a single rosy brow lifted. Seeing her like this reminded him of the time Tsunade had scolded him after the war. How much alike the pink-haired kunoichi was to her master was almost scary at times. He promptly closed his mouth and waited for the scolding that would surely follow; aware that if he pushed her a little too far, she would retaliate by punching him... and his wounds were far more bothersome than he cared to admit aloud. It wasn't worth the risk, he surmised.

"And you didn't have to jump between me and that rogue. I didn't need you to save me. I had it under control."

He blinked once, slowly. "Sakura—" He paused when she growled at him, (actually fucking growled) before throwing her hands up in the air in frustration; the climax of her fury imminent and Uchiha Sasuke knew that he was in the path of it; bracing himself for what would come next.

"Did you ever even consider why I do these things for you, Sasuke-kun? Does it even matter at all to you that I do this because I genuinely care for your well-being?! I know that you can heal yourself. I know that you can protect yourself, but that doesn't mean that I can't help you along the way. I can be there for you when you need someone. I—I want to be there when you need me."

"I didn't mean to offend you, Sakura. That wasn't my intent at all. I just mean that you don't have to coddle me. I know how you feel. I know what you are capable of. But I should be allowed to protect you sometimes too. It can't be a one-sided thing." Sakura glared at him...while he simply stared blankly back at her, until she finally let out an angry huff of resignation. It took everything inside of him to keep his lips in a flat, unamused line... because this was a rare moment where he was actually the victorious one in their argument, and he wished that he could have enjoyed it further. But he was smart enough to know that in doing so, it would cause this argument to resume almost instantly, and he was tired of fighting with her.

He would rather be doing much more adventurous things. It was in his best interest to let it go. Sakura finally scoffed at him indignantly, and turned her back to him. "You are so damned annoying, Sasuke-kun." This time, Uchiha Sasuke couldn't hide it. He smirked (almost wolfishly) at her choice of words, before shaking his head in silent amusement.

He would be sure to make it up to her; later.

.
.
.

As always the art doesn't belong to me but the story does!!! 🙏 Don't forget for updated on my stories or to read my socmeds/rants/thoughts/etc, follow me on Twitter: