Unwanted Bride

When he's in love with another, but forced to marry her instead.

A sasusaku AU. Snippet. HUGE angst. Falling in love. 18+ content if continued. Happy ending. Pain & hurt. Slow burn and conflicted feelings. (He will at least see the girl behind Sak's back, but not sure if he will actually cheat; meaning kisses, not sex!) SHORT!

*I don't normally do this angle, but my mood has shifted so here it is. Sorry to those of you who hate this trope/angst.*

Note: Normally I will write these snippets a bit in advance before I actually end up sharing them.

.
.
.

Every inch of his body was coiled with tension.

He could feel her eyes on him.

But he refused to meet them.

After all, why should he give her the time of day, when he didn't even love her?

When his heart clearly belonged to another.

With vows and empty promises exchanged, they moved this little farce to an ornate tabletop, decorated in pristine white trinkets for the "happy occasion".

With delicate penmanship (due to many years of practice) Sasuke signed his name fluently across the dotted lines; passing off the same pen that he'd used to the beautiful, yet shy woman beside him, and watched in silence as she mirrored his action. With the final stamp of approval from their local magistrate, they were finally (legally) known as Mr. & Mrs. Sasuke Uchiha.

Husband and wife. 

Despite the growing sense of doom, he didn't shy or flinch away from her touch when she reached out tentatively for his right hand; and after the tension in the room became to great, he was quick to flee this 'monstrosity of a ceremony' with his new bride on his heels, avoiding the pair of steely eyes that trailed after them; branding his skin (and heart) with her piercing gaze.

Sasuke just hoped as he opened the door for his wife, that he hadn't just made the biggest mistake of his life.