Drive

When your boyfriend of four years tries to teach you how to drive his truck, things don't go as planned.

A sasusaku AU VERY short snippet.

.
.
.

"BREAKS, SAKURA!!! HIT THE DAMN—"

'Oh no— what did I just do?'

Sakura sat rigidly in the driver's seat, completely frozen in place for a minute and a half before she finally managed to pluck up enough courage to look out her window...cringing when she saw the mashed-up, beaten-up remnants of the mailbox crushed beneath the tire of her boyfriend's truck... the proudly scrawled insignia "Uchiha" barely legible on its crumpled exterior.

She crumpled in on herself as the deafening silence that followed the "accident" brought forth an anxious pit in her belly. "Sasuke, please say something."

Silence.

"Please... I—I'm so, so sorry."

More silence.

"Look, I didn't mean to hit your mailbox. It just... it jumped out in front of me. And that bush... it was just an innocent bystander I'll admit that— I swear, this was an accident."

Still, silence remained.

A tentative glance to her right, while her hands grasped so tightly onto the steering wheel of her boyfriend's truck that her knuckles had turned a brilliant shade of white. He was staring motionlessly ahead out the windshield.

"Sasuke, I—"

"Not again."

She blinked at him in confusion, nibbling her lips nervously before inquiring, "I'm sorry?"

The dark-haired turned to her then, but his face remained expressionless, and he seemed to stare into her very soul as he spoke again. "You will never drive my truck again."

Her cheeks flushed with embarrassment and she sighed in resignation as she finally released the steering wheel and began to take her seatbelt off...gaze forlorn and downcast. "I know. But I really am sorry, Sasuke. Please forgive me."

"Hn."