Sakura the Healer

"You seem awfully young to be a healer...," he questioned her, his obsidian brows raised and his tone severe.

Her hands paused, ceased their soft greenish hue and her eyes narrowed at him; a look that was powerful enough to send cold shivers up and down the infamous Uchiha's very spine.

"You seem awfully old to be starting out as a trainer, sir...," she insinuated, before continuing with her healing, missing the slightly soft upturn of his pink lips at her jab.

A sasusaku au snippet. Naruto verse meets Pokémon!

.
.
.

A soft morning glow streamed in the large picture windows that overlooked the span of a forest surrounding her facility and Sakura Haruno looked out of them fondly with a faint, though semi-playful smile as several Pokémon flew across the sky. She recognized them easily, given her position as head healer, and admired their beauty as she stroked the head of her still sleeping companion, Eevee. Tiny Emogla, fluttery Butterfree, sweet Rowlet and even feisty fletchlings (to name a few) all called to each other in greeting as they made their way to and fro as morning dawned a new day.

The pinkette let out a sigh of contentment as she brought a steaming mug of coffee to her lips. 'Today is going to be another glorious day.'

Her serenity was interrupted when a stranger (cloaked in black attire) came barging into her place of employment... bursting through the double wide doors and swinging them wildly on their metal hinges. He seemed out of breath as if he had been running for miles as the gentleman staggered his way through the threshold, with a minuscule little Zorua wrapped securely in his strong arms; tiny cuts and bruises covering its body. His eyes, matching the color of the coals burning hotly in her waiting room's fireplace, searched his new surroundings briefly before they finally landed on her.

An unnerving chill ran down her spine as he approached with a steady, purposeful gate. Her Eevee, being startled from its resting place next to her, jumped to full attention. "EH-VEH! Eh-Vay," she cried as she eyed the newcomer closely. This gave the young man pause... but only for a second... before he approached the countertop separating them.

"Please, help her. Help my Zorua."

Sakura nodded and motioned for him to follow her. Eevee did the same and the little group of misfits made their way through yet another set of metal double-wide doors before entering one of the sterile back rooms. Inside of it, placed directly in the center of the room was a table; with cabinets and large, wooden shelves surrounding the walls on three sides, with more picture windows overlooking the forest on the far one.

Sakura motioned with her hand to the table. "Put her here, please... I'll take a look at her." The man seemed hesitant for a moment, but complied when his Pokémon gave out a weak cry of pain. "What happened to her," Sakura asked him as she began the examination of her newest patient. When he remained silent, "I need to know because it will help me determine how to proceed with treatment. It looks as if she was attacked by another Pokémon... or beaten."

This caused the man to stiffen. "I don't beat my Pokémon, ma'am. We were attacked in the forest on our way out of town this morning."

"Let me guess... by a flock of Spearow?"

"How did you—"

She looked up at him as she placed her hands above her patient's torso. "You aren't the first to come in here for that reason, sir. We have had several... and angry complaints from the local farmers. They are becoming a nuisance to a lot of different people nowadays."

"Can anything be done?"

Sakura shook her head as her hands began to glow a soft green. "Not that I know of... since they are wild Pokémon. But maybe if we complain enough, the government will do something about it." The man was silent for a moment as he observed her and watched in wonder as the small cuts and bruises on his Zorua slowly began to heal. Eevee sat on one of the counters and cocked her head.

"Eh-Voi," she cried before spinning in a happy little circle.

"You know," the stranger called in the silence. "You seem awfully young to be a healer," he questioned the pinkette, his obsidian brows raised and his tone slightly severe as he changed the subject dramatically.

Her hands paused, ceased their soft greenish hue and her eyes narrowed at him; a look that was powerful enough to send cold shivers up and down the infamous Uchiha's very spine.

"You seem awfully old to be starting out as a trainer, sir...," she insinuated, before continuing with her healing, missing the slightly soft upturn of his pink lips at her jab. Then after a few more minutes, his Zorua had finally come around.

His large hand caressed the top of her head as she sat in his arms once more. The group had made their way back to the front now, where he had tried to pay her but she had insisted she didn't require any form of payment.

"This facility is easy to maintain," Sakura explained with a wave of her hand. "So, we don't require any payment from our customers. We are here to simply heal, that is all."

"Eh-Vay, Eh," Eevee agreed as she pranced around on the countertop. His little Zorua jumped from his arms and the two Pokémon began to nuzzle against each other's plush cheeks causing Sakura to giggle and the stranger to faintly smile.

"Zor! Zor!!!"

"I think they like each other," he said as he shook his head in amusement, placing a hand on his hip.

"Maybe we should just exchange numbers so they can see each other again," Sakura teased and was surprised when the man actually agreed. Afterwards, he made his way to the exit before turning to her one last time. "I guess I'll see you around then?"

Sakura could only find it in herself to nod. After he left, she looked at the number he had typed into her phone. Next to it, was his name. 'Sasuke Uchiha, huh?'

"Eh-Veh?" Sakura turned to her companion and smiled as she reached over to scratch behind the Pokémon's fluffy, fox-like ears. She let out a contented, happy sigh.

"Come on, Eevee. Let's get back to work, Shannarō!!!"

"Eh-Vay!!!"