A Cyborg Named Sasuke: Part 4

Scientist Sakura Haruno has finally done it. She is the first human in history to build a real-life cyborg completely from scratch! She decides to name him Sasuke.

Sasusaku AU snippet.

Part 1:

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/13681526/137/My-Snippets-Part-1

Part 2:

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/14050382/27/My-Snippets-Part-2

Part 3:

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/14050382/28/My-Snippets-Part-2

.
.
.

A couple of weeks later...

When she came to, Sakura Haruno was lying in a hospital bed, surrounded by loved ones and friends alike. She was greeted with warm (though gentle) hugs and praises to the gods above that she was still with them though one face in particular that she was desperate to see... wasn't there.

When she asked about him specifically, Tsunade frowned while everyone else avoided her gaze. Her heart began to pound as panic began to cripple her. Sakura sat up in bed, the monitors attached to her going crazy as her father tried to ease her back onto the mattress. She however refused and met Tsunade's gaze head on.

"Where is he, ma'am? Is he safe?"

"He's... safe."

She swallowed, hard. Feeling dread wash over her; almost as if she had been doused in freezing water from head to toe. It took everything she had in her NOT to stand up and lash out at them for remaining silent and not being up front with her about his whereabouts. "Where is he, Tsunade...," she growled, uncaring how disrespectful it might seem as she used her mentor's real name. The blonde's plump lips twisted into a deeper frown, before she shook her head.

"I'm sorry, Sakura. I am so, so sorry."

.
.
.

Sakura had cried for two hours straight after everyone left, knowing that until she was released there was nothing that could be done for her cyborg. He had sacrificed himself for her well-being...and now lay in a broken heap in her office, until she could come back and repair him. The picture that Tsunade showed her was graphic... and she was shocked that he was able to survive at all, with even a finger intact.

According to recorded witness statements, he had pulled her from the wreckage and used his own body to cushion her fall; breaking his in return. This thought brought fresh tears to her eyes, and she desperately tried to blink them away while turning a watery gaze to the sunshine beyond her hospital room's window.

'Whoever said that a cyborg can't feel... was wrong. So so wrong. Sasuke, you saved me and now it's going to be my turn to save you. I'm coming back, I promise.'

.
.
.

Several months later...

"Left arm movement is still a bit slow... cause for concern." Sakura was jotting down notes as she worked around him, his penetrating gaze focused solely on her while Tsunade stood to the side, arms crossed. "His right arm and left leg improvement... is fair." Sakura brushed her hand along his palm and gave him a warm smile. "His right leg, nearly 100 percent in movement and flexibility."

"What about his eyes and mainframe," the blonde scientist asked as she took a few steps towards them, blonde brow lifting when his eyes flashed red in her direction. 'The boy still seems super protective of her it seems...'

"Both improved, I would say... to about 85 percent or so."

"That's excellent news, you've done well with repairs, Sak. You should be so proud of yourself." The pinkette turned to her and smiled, though it didn't quite reach her tired eyes.

Both of the women knew that she still blamed herself fully for what happened and couldn't shake the feelings of guilt no matter how hard she tried to. "Thank you, Ma'am... I've been working extra hard the past few months to get him in tip-top shape again."

"Well... keep up the good work and he will be back to 100 percent in no time, Sakura! I'm going to lunch now, care to join me?"

"Not this time...," she said with a small shake of her head. "But thank you."

"Okay, I'll be back later to check on you."

After she parted ways with them... the pink-haired scientist returned to jotting down a few critical notes into her papers while the silence between them dragged on for a while, but then... Sasuke broke it when he asked, "Are you hungry?"

"No, I'm fine."

"You don't eat much lately," he surmised as she placed her clipboard next to him on the table. Sakura rolled her eyes at his observation before taking out a scanner and placing it on his chest to read his vitals. When it was attached, she let go and crossed her arms over her bosom.

"I'm just not hungry, that's all."

"I think it's more than that... if I may be so bold."

"Don't worry about being bold... just say what you feel."

Sasuke didn't speak for a moment, and she didn't think he would, but in the end... he did. "Sakura, you don't need to keep blaming yourself for what happened to me that day. The people who kidnapped me were arrested and charged with stealing federal property, and also attempt of murder."

"I know that," she sighed, avoiding his gaze as she chose to look at the tops of her feet instead. "But I... I almost lost you... I just—"

"Sakura," he called softly, lifting his hand to place it on her cheek in a rare show of vulnerability. "Nothing, and I mean nothing... can ever keep me away from you. Trust me." He leaned forward then while he pulled her close by the back of the head... resting his forehead against hers and she let out a contented sigh while wrapping her arms around his waist and closing her eyes.

"You mean so much to me, Sasuke. You truly do."

"As do you, Sakura."

.
.
.

"N-no, don't. N—"

"Sakura."

"D-don't do it! Please! NOO!!! AHH!"

"Shh," she heard as a firm body pressed against hers. She felt her hands grip his shirt tightly as she turned to bury her face in the crook of his throat. Sakura's breathing began to slow when he rubbed his hand up and down her back and she felt herself finally relax fully once she realized that this wasn't just a dream; that he was actually here... with her.

"I'm sorry."

"Don't be," he whispered, pulling her closer. "Are you okay now?"

"I... think so."

"Good." Her grip on him tightened when she felt him shift beside her and he quickly shushed her. "I'm here, I'm not going anywhere, so don't worry." She felt her cheeks heat and moved to press her face against his chest, snuggling further beneath the sheets while a loud yawn escaped her lips. He chuckled at this before pulling the blankets around her a little tighter. "Sleep, Sakura."

But she didn't want to. Not yet. Not before—

"Will you be here when I wake up, Sasuke?"

A short pause that caused her heartbeat to falter, but then sputter back to life with his response. "Always."

.
.
.

Author's Notes:

If any of these sound like your own writing or another you have read I apologize but I didn't copy anyone's work. This is entirely my own writing.