Dramatics

Sakura just likes being dramatic sometimes.

A blank-period, newlywed Sasusaku SHORT snippet. (Unedited.)

.
.
.

Today's speedy excursion to the local grocery store of the village they were currently staying at (with Sakura working in the hospital to improve its medical practices and Sasuke working out in the fields helping some of the local farmers with their crops and animals) didn't go quite as planned.

Sasuke held the basket, shadowing his wife as she looked at her list, selecting the finest of items before placing them gently into it; flashing the patriarch an almost bashful smile occasionally or tucking a loose hair behind her ear where it had fallen from her loosely twisted braid.

When they went down one particular aisle, Sakura noticed a gaggle of noisy women pointedly looking and whispering ahead of them; their eyes drawn to the tall and stoic figure behind her. It was something that she'd grown accustomed to over time...given how handsome her husband was, and so she ignored them. She couldn't really blame them after all.

Even if it had bothered her in the beginning (their ogling) it was hard to deny that the once vengeful Uchiha had eyes for no one other than her; with the way he softened at her gaze or melted into her touches during her most favorite of explorations. Plus, she had been hearing some rumors at the hospital that these particular women had been trying to woo him, but being as oblivious as always, Sasuke had no idea and no intention of obliging; and chose to ignore their antics instead, which Sakura was secretly giddy about. So, instead of confronting them (as the pink-haired would have in the past), she decidedly ignored them all and continued walking forward; as did her husband.

Stopping a few paces away, the pinkette turned to one of the shelves to examine its contents before tilting her head to the side, reaching to grab one can with a different label in each hand. "Sasuke-kun, which one do you like—" Her question was interrupted by a loud indignant snort from the brunette of the group and the young couple turned to look at them then; both with a singularly raised brow.

"How dare you call him by his first name," the one in green huffed, placing her hand on her hip as her lips twisted into a deep frown. "With such affection. Makes me sick!"

"Yeah," the other (wearing a pretty, pale yellow) instigated, as she nodded vigorously in agreement; her arms crossing over her sizable chest. It came as no surprise to the dark- haired shinobi that the women would react like this... given how keen these two seemed to be on him; though most of the time he did his best to ignore their antics... unwilling to ignite or even indulge any of their outward "affections'' and attention seeking behaviors with any form of either flattery or acknowledgement. After all, why should he? Shouldn't it be enough of confirmation that he wants nothing to do with them, that Sasuke was uninterested in their advances if he simply ignored them? Maybe he shouldn't just assume—

Sakura scoffed. "Why is it any of your business what I say to my husband?" The brunette rolled her eyes and took a small step forward; absolute disgust twisting her features into an unsettling and unpleasant sneer.

"Oh... please. You could only dream of marrying someone as handsome and kind... and muscular as Mr. Uchiha. You would never be able to get him to say those words to you. You would have to threaten him or something to marry the likes of you." He was prepared to turn and walk away after this, but his wife... much to his dismay... had other ideas.

"You're right...," the kunoichi said with an exaggerated and expressive sigh. "I... placed a knife to his throat... I forced him to say those damned words. I forced him to marry me. I should be so ashamed of myself."

He huffed and attempted to contain a scowl of annoyance. "Sakura—"

"No Sasuke-kun, forgive me. I shouldn't have forced those poisonous words from your tongue," she declared with an exaggerated flourish of her hand, missing the deep eye roll from her beloved, and the soft sigh that fell from his lips as he closed his eyes in resignation. He knew it was pointless to argue with her. She wouldn't be satisfied until she'd had her fun with these two obnoxious hearsayers.

"See, Amari," the red-head giggled, though the sound was anything but friendly. "You were right about this one— She did force his hand. The rumor is factual. If she's telling the truth, that is."

"And who's to be certain she is," Amari said while glancing nonchalantly at her fingernails. "Perhaps she brainwashed him or something into believing that they are betrothed? It wouldn't come as a surprise... given her background."

This statement seemed to ignite something deep inside of her, and he watched as Sakura's eyes shifted slightly into something much darker. He decided to try one more time to spare these ignorant souls from sure doom.

"Sakura...," Sasuke's tone was warning, but she silenced him with a glare. His thin lips closed tightly, and he turned away from the feuding women... suddenly finding that the contents on the shelf next to him were quite intriguing.