Chapter 2

Ranboo was exiting Niki's cafe when he saw Tommy walking toward the cafe. "Hey Tommy!!" he said excitedly. "Hey Ranboo, what are you doing?" He asked. "Well, Niki just gave me free food!" He said, showing him the food quickly. "Cool." Tommy said as he turned towards the cafe. Ranboo noticed something was off and was quick to ask what was. "Hey Tommy, what's wrong?". "Well, Tubbo has been feeling a bit worse than normal and I'm just worried that something would happen to him while I'm at work." He said, looking down. After hearing Tubbo's name, Ranboo's face immediately dropped.

    "I'll go watch him, Niki said she didn't need any more help." Ranboo said seriously. "Wait really? THANKS, BOSS MAN!!" Tommy said gratefully as he rushed into the store. Niki was getting a cake out of the oven as he came through the back door. "Oh, hey Tommy, how are you?" She said sweetly with a smile on her face.

    Niki's cafe was where Tommy worked. It wasn't actually just Niki's cafe; it was also the cafe of a very kind man named BadBoyHalo, though everyone just called him Bad. Sometimes they would switch who was at the cafe, but most of the time they both were there baking happily. Niki used to be a hero named Siren. She could turn into a mermaid at will and when she came in touch with water, due to the fact that she was a mermaid hybrid. Bad was a demon hybrid and his eyes were all white, including his pupil and iris. He used to be a vigilante called Angelic Demon, and he had magical powers.

    "Hey Niki, I'm doing quite good actually, but I might have injured my hand during patrol." He said the last part with a wince. "Oh, umm, I can bandage it up for you if you'd like!" She said concerned for the boy. "That won't be necessary, thank you though!" He said. "Well, be careful then, ok?" She said while turning back towards her cake. "I will!" He said, turning to leave.

    In the cafe, there were categories you could work in. Bad made muffins that everybody loved and enjoyed, Niki made pastries and cakes, and Tommy made the drinks. Tommy was also a waiter at the cafe too. There were other workers there who could work under these categories, but most of them joined Bad or Niki.

    Soon, he reached the cashier. He saw a group of people waiting for him, so he went over to them. "Hello, welcome to Niki & Bad's cafe, may I take your order?" He said in his best attempt at a professional voice. Someone at the table started laughing, and he turned to see who it was. To his surprise, it was Purpled. Purpled used to be a vigilante but became a hero. He and Tommy were good friends, and Purpled didn't hand Tommy over to the police because he didn't mind vigilantes.

    In L'Manburg, vigilantes were illegal and considered dangerous. They were illegal because you had to have a license and an ID from the government to patrol as a hero. In Tommy's opinion, however, vigilantes were heroes without a license, and Purpled agreed with him on that. Vigilantes were considered dangerous because one vigilante who went by the name of Schlatt, became a villain and ended up almost destroying the city. Schlatt was considered one of the most dangerous villains, and he was currently in prison.

    "Why are you laughing so much, what's wrong?" Tommy asked. "I-IT'S JU-JUST THAT I-I H-HAVE NEVER S-SEEN YOU TRY TO B-BE SO P-PROFESSIONAL!" Purpled said in between laughs. "Ugh, shut up idiot." Tommy said, turning to the other people to take their order. After preparing and giving their orders to the people, Tommy returned to the cashier. Then, something happened that would change his life forever.