Chapter 56

Tommy started to panic a bit, and so did Clementine. "Uhm, maybe you should ask Tubbo!" Clementine suggested, and Tommy's face immediately lit up. "Of course! Tubbo always knows what to do!" Tommy said as he snapped his fingers. "Thanks, Clem!" Tommy said as he ran towards Tubbo's room with Clementine by his side.

    "TUBBS!" Tommy yelled as he threw the door open. Tubbo flinched and slapped his hands onto his ears. "Sorry..." Tommy mumbled apologetically as he realized his mistake. "No, it's ok, but what do you need?" Tubbo asked as he turned to look at Tommy.

    "Well, I have to bring Clem to work, but how on earth do I carry a literal legendary axe?" Tommy asked as he ran a hand through his hair. "Well, that would be pretty iconic." Tubbo said with a small laugh as he shook his head. "You know that Clementine can shrink, right? Then let them shrink to a really small size, then put them in your shirt's pocket! Problem solved." Tubbo said with a grin. "Oh..." Tommy said as he smacked his forehead for not thinking of this earlier. "THANKS, TUBBS!" Tommy said as he ran out of Tubbo's room.

    "Ok Clem, do your thing!" Tommy said, and with a nod, Clementine shrunk to the size of a paper clip. Tommy held his shirt pocket open and Clementine swiftly flew in. He let go of his pocket and lightly patted his pocket. "You okay in there Clementine? Do you need air?" Tommy asked frantically, worried a bit for the axe.

    "Tommy, thank you so much for the concern! Blade was never this affectionate and caring..." Clementine said, muttering the last part but their voice was dripping with happiness. "Your welcome! But seriously though, do you need air?" Tommy asked, and he couldn't help but feel a bit sad for Clementine and angry at Blade for neglecting Clementine. "I don't need air to breathe!" Clementine said happily, and Tommy smiled.

"Well then, it's off to the train station we go!"

&$&$&$&$&$&$&$&$&$&$&$&$&

    They soon arrived at the headquarters, and after Tommy said a cheerful 'Good morning' to Connor, he went into the elevator. "Hello, Timothy! Which floor are you going to?" Sam Nook asked. "The SBI floor, also is the SBI here yet?" Tommy asked as the elevator went up.

    "No, not yet!" Sam Nook said cheerfully and Tommy nodded. "Thanks, Sam Nook!" Tommy said as he left the elevator. "Your welcome, Timothy!" Sam Nook said, and Tommy made his way towards his office. He went in, closed the door behind himself, and made his way to his desk while Clementine flew out of his pocket to explore.

    "This office is nice Tommy!" Clementine said to Tommy through his thoughts. "Thanks, Clem! Anyways, you can do whatever you want, but if someone comes in, shrink immediately and hide, ok? I don't know what would happen if anybody at the headquarters knew that I had a legendary axe in my possession." Tommy told Clementine through his thoughts.

    "Ok!" Clementine said. He was finishing up an Email to someone when someone knocked on the office's door. "Clementine, quick! Hide!" Tommy told Clementine through his thoughts and Clementine immediately hid inside the drawers of Tommy's desk. Tommy then made his way to the door and opened it.

    It was Phantom. "Hello Phantom, is there anything you need?" Tommy asked Phantom as his grip on the doorknob became so firm his knuckles turned white. "No, I just wanted to see how you were doing! And also because I need to ask some minor questions." Phantom said, and Tommy nodded and let him in.

    Tommy sat down on his desk and Phantom sat in front of him. "So you're from District 17, right?" Phantom asked, and Tommy nodded. "Well, you're aware that there has recently been a lot of vigilante and criminal activity in your district, right?" Phantom asked, and Tommy's heart dropped.

    "Yes, but where are you taking this conversation?" Tommy asked, and Phantom gave him a gentle smile. "Well, I wanted to ask your honest opinion on vigilantes in general. Don't be scared about anything happening your job, I just want an honest opinion." Phantom asked with a gentle smile.

    Tommy took a deep breath. "This could be a trap..." Tommy thought. His thoughts were interrupted by Clementine. "No Tommy, he's just genuinely asking! Surprising, I know." Clementine said. "Thanks, Clem." Tommy said, and he had to fight a smile from making its way onto his face. He took another deep breath and turned his full attention to Phantom.

"Well, I'll just say this for the record, but vigilantes are way better than heroes, no offense."