Chapter 55

Tommy woke up and stretched as he got out of bed. "Good morning, Tommy." Clementine said, and Tommy jumped with a scream. "I thought you were still sleeping, Clementine!" Tommy said after he calmed down. "Magical and enchanted weapons like us don't need sleep, Tommy. But I appreciate your concern!" Clementine said before Tommy could speak.

    "You probably knew I was going to ask you how you rested, didn't you? Clever axe." Tommy said as he went over to them and patted them fondly. "Thank you!" Clementine said happily, leaning into Tommy's warm hand.

    "Well, I'm going to get ready to leave for work now, ok?" Tommy said as he gave them one final pat and got up. After he got ready and was about to leave, he realized something that made him stop immediately and whip around to face Clementine.

"Wait, how on earth am I going to take you to work with me!?"

&$&$&$&$&$&$&$&$&$&$&$&$&

    I stared at the wall where the Axe of Peace used to be. The police had just gotten done scouring the area for fingerprints and strands of hair, but they had found nothing. "It seems like the culprit was wearing gloves, and had covered their head with a hood, so there are barely any strands of hair or fingerprints." The chief said, and I nodded bitterly.

    "But there isn't anything else that you can use? Like blood, perhaps?" I asked hopefully, and the chief seemed to think for a moment. "Maybe... Where did you fight?" The chief asked, taking his cap off his head and running a hand through his hair while he looked at the paper.

    "Follow me, and then you'll see." I said as I led him out into the hallway. The chief looked around for a bit, then turned to face me. "Ok, we will definitely check this area. Thank you for showing me." The chief said as he turned to his crew and called them out into the hallway. I nodded and turned when I heard some shuffling from the corner of the room.

    I went towards the corner and bent down to see Fundy. I smiled. "Hello, my little champion! Do you need anything?" I asked. He nodded his head as he looked up at me with round eyes. My heart melted at the sight, but I was snapped out of my trance when he asked me something.

    "Papa, why are these people in our house?" He asked as he tugged lightly on my sleeve. "Oh, well do you remember the guy that came into our house last night? And then me and Uncle Techno fought we him?" I asked him as I scooped him up while he nodded. 

    "Well, he's a bad guy. And the police is trying to find tracks of him that he might have left behind so we can catch him, ok champion?" I asked as I booped his nose. He giggled and my heart warmed at the sound. I took him back to his room and spent as much time as I could with him before I went to work. He seemed a bit sad that I had to go, but he said 'goodbye' without pouting, and he was clearly trying his best not to be sad.

    When Phil, Techno, and I arrived at work, I noticed that Timothy was already there. "So he's a good employee, huh? He came before work even started!" I thought. I decided to go in and check on him to see how he was doing. I lightly knocked on his door. I heard some hurried shuffling, and then Timothy opened the door and I smiled gently.

"Hey, I just wanted to check how you were doing!"