Chapter 71

"HAPPY EIGHTEENTH BIRTHDAY TOMMY!!" Three voices said to Tommy. Tommy groaned, rubbed his eyes a bit, and sat up. He looked around and realized what was going on. Tubbo was leaning on Ranboo with a grin, and Ranboo was helping Tubbo stay standing up. Clementine was floating next to Ranboo. "Wait, what day is it today?" Tommy asked.

    "It's April ninth!" Ranboo said happily. "Which means it's your birthday!" Tubbo chimed in happily. Tommy was immediately awake and he sat up straighter in his bed. "Thanks! Wait... That means..." Tommy said, and Tubbo rolled his eyes and nodded, the grin still present on his face.

    "YOU TWO CAN'T CALL ME A CHILD ANYMORE!!" Tommy yelled and he immediately jumped out of bed. Ranboo sighed. "I guess so, huh?" He said. Tommy just grinned in response and ran to the bathroom and looked at himself in the mirror with Clementine following him.

    "Aww. I still look the same." Tommy said, and Clementine laughed. They let him change into clothes for work and he walked out of his bedroom and into the living room. The lights were off, which was a bit weird because usually the lights would be on at this time. He turned on the lights and looked around.

    Suddenly, people jumped out from hiding places. "SURPRISE!" They yelled, and Tommy let out a sigh of relief as he grinned. "Happy birthday Tommy!" Niki said and handed him a cake in a decorative box with a clear plastic cover on the top side of the box so people could see the cake. On top of the cake, in red icing, were the words "Happy 18th Birthday, Tommy!" In cursive letters. "Thanks a lot!" Tommy said happily, and Niki smiled. "You're welcome!" She said. 

    "So I guess this means no more calling you a child, huh?" Jack said as he watched from the sofa. "Yeah!" Tommy said and grinned at Jack. Jack rolled his eyes. "I'm going to miss those days..." Purpled said from his spot on the sofa next to Jack. He also had a grin on his face.

    "Shut up, prick." Tommy said as he rolled his eyes at Purpled. "Niki and I made it together!" Bad chimed in cheerfully, and Tommy smiled. "Thanks, Bad and Niki." Tommy said gratefully, and Bad and Niki returned the smile. "You're welcome, you muffin!" Bad said cheerfully. "HOLA TOMÁS!" Quackity yelled from behind me, and I turned to look at him.

    Except it wasn't Quackity. It was Dream. But there was something off about him. Instead of his usual black and white mask, his mask was green, white, and red. The smile was still the same, but the mask was in different colours. It was divided into three sections. The section on the left was green, the one in the middle was still white, and the section on the right was red. "Q-Quackity?" Tommy asked.

    Then, the person in front of him changed into someone more recognizable, and Tommy let out a sigh of relief as he saw a dark-haired man with a blue beanie in front of him. "Hello, Tommy!" He said, and Tommy grinned. "Hey, Big Q!" Tommy said. "Happy Birthday!" Quackity said, walking up to Tommy and ruffling his hair. Tommy snickered and looked at Quackity. "You're short." Tommy said with a smile, and Quackity rolled his eyes.

    A second later, Quackity's head was touching the roof. "Am I short now idiot?" Quackity asked with a smirk as he looked down at Tommy. Tommy just grumbled and everybody laughed. "Well, if we want to eat some cake before Tommy heads off to work, we better hurry." Tubbo said from the corner, and everybody made sounds of approval. "I felt the urge to say this again, so happy birthday Tommy!" Clementine said to Tommy in his mind, and Tommy smiled. "Thanks Clementine." He said, then he went off with the others to eat the cake. After eating the cake, Niki asked to speak to him for a moment.

    "Tommy, remember last night?" Niki asked, and Tommy nodded. "So would you mind if I looked at your bruises again? I don't want people thinking you're acting a bit weird at work." She asked, and Tommy nodded and smiled. "Let's do it in my room, we still have a few minutes left." Tommy said, and Niki nodded. Tommy took his shirt off and sat on his bed. "Moment of truth..." She muttered as she unwrapped the gauze. 

    "It's all gone!" She said, and Tommy could hear the relief and happiness in her voice. "Ok, tell me if this hurts." She said and pressed lightly on Tommy's back. "It doesn't hurt." Tommy said, and Niki said he could put his shirt back on. "Your back has healed now!" She said happily after Tommy put his shirt back on, and Tommy thanked her with a smile. Tommy hugged Niki gratefully, and Niki returned the hug. Then they left Tommy's room. He talked for a few more minutes with everyone and then headed off to work with Clementine in his pocket.

Tommy walked to the train station with happiness radiating off of him.